Need SQ hatching eggs. I live in oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Urbanchickenfarmer, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Urbanchickenfarmer

Urbanchickenfarmer Songster

Apr 27, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    Ok so im not sure when ill be able to buy some but i would like to find a breed that both i and my little sister would like. My little sisters wants to start raising a chicken and then show it through 4-H next year at fair. I already have some chickens but want a variety.... I'm actually showing through FFA this year. I would like a dozen but will only be able to get probably around $25 dollars(this price includes shipping). If you could please tell me what kind of chickens you have (Show Quaility) the cost and some pictures too, please, if possible.

Thank you all,
    Jordon

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Here's our list of breeds available and photos of most.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=175445

Since this is a 4H/FFA endeavor, I'll be glad to ship the Speckled Sussex for $25 and will include any available extras on the day of shipping.

If there are other breeds I have that interest you but are priced a little out of your range, just pm me and I'll work with you to see what I can do to lower the prices as a way of supporting all that you all do.

Good luck in finding your eggs and your projects.

Have a blessed day.

3. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Songster

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Quote:For $14.00 shipping plus the county,name and phone # of the 4-H director I will send 18 Show Quality Rhode Island Red eggs, These can win in the big shows, health and quality guaranteed, PM for Pics.........

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Not to dismiss bargain, but I would GREATLY consider Pine Grove's birds.

Amazing flock. Here I was going to offer up my Black Langshan eggs for shipping + $10 for the eggs. (Was around $24.00 last time).

I would go with Pine Grove. If I had the extra money and space...you can bet I'd be on his birds like fire ants to a twinkie.

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Songster

Dec 9, 2007
    Springfield,OR
    I agree! His birds are beautiful! He sent me 17 eggs and I have 16 growing!!! I am so excited about the fertility and everything!

Pine Grove is a great breeder in my book! LOL!
    [​IMG]

6. standardbanty

standardbanty Songster

Nov 8, 2008
    Maryland
    Hate to be a party pooper but when is your fair. Minr fair is late july and typicly most 4H are during the summer. I just wanted to give you heads up that theses chicks might not be old enough depending on when your fair is.

Joe

7. Urbanchickenfarmer

Urbanchickenfarmer Songster

Apr 27, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    I understand that they wouldnt be old enough.... she would be showing at next years fair..... she wasnt able to sign up this time because its a little too late... but she is wanting to start raising a chick now.

8. Chipper

Chipper Songster

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    I would jump on Pine Groves offer.He does a great job shipping eggs and the fertility is very good,not to mention, he has wonderful show quality RIR's.Good luck at the shows. [​IMG]

9. Brick243

Brick243 Songster

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    Pine Grove, as usual, that is a very gracious offer on your part. The chicks I received from you are looking great.

10. steve2495

steve2495 Songster

May 17, 2009
    Lake Forest Illinois
    u mentioned ud like some variety see if u can get some from pine grove and some from bargain mayb 6 and 6 or something good luck on getting some nice chickens though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: