need suggestions for possible breeds

pooderpie77

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 5, 2007
The person i got these girls from wasnt the most helpful. He had too many housed together and not in thebest conditions. And I think had just lost track of who was who. I didnt want to get any from him but I felt so sorry for them. I was told the black and the lighter colored ones would be laying by Oct or Nov. So that puts them at six months or so? The little black and white speckled he said was younger. She is even still growing in feathers on her butt. He had easter eggers and EE crosses. Also several beautiful dark colored roosters there. Im just curious what these guys could be.:)

If the seller had a mix of breeds, these birds are likely not purebred. I'm guessing that the black one is an Australorp or an Australorp/Easter Egger mix (her legs look green in this photo--is that true?). The white, red, an black one is a mix, probably with some Easter Egger. Lastly, the black and white bird is likely a Cuckoo Marans or Barred Rock mix.

Thats what Im figuring. I dont care if they are mixes. I just want eggs and enjoy having them.The black ones legs are yellowish with black splashes on them. The black speckled one has light colored legs. Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom