Need suggestions to stabilize humidity and Temperature at 55%RH; 100F

Quote:
Wowzers! that first post has more conflicting advice than anything i've ever seen. the second post does a very good job explaining why.

thank you for the post. it took me a second to figure out the purpose of you sending these two links. It is quite clear that there is no answer. the key is in the air turnover rate and humidity.

sounds like trial and error.

it is possible to determine the air turn over rate per hour? it is a 22qt cooler with four 1/4" air holes on top of lid. one in each corner. the lid is not sealed shut. i've one computer fan running in the bottom of the cooler.

would the amount of condensed vapor on the "sight glass" provide an indication of turnover rate and humidity?

Thanks Rebelcowboysnb

It seems i've stabilized at 100F and 55% RH. with four air holes in top (two plugged lightly with cotton) i'm hoping i have acceptable air turn over.

How long should i waitin this stabilized condition before introducing eggs?

These are the only fertile eggs my hens will have with us. so this is a one shot effort. after this, it will be mail order eggs and not so much fun.

Thanks Yall,
Rosco

In my incubator 55% is way to high but others run theirs there an do good. You can candle your eggs to see how they are doing an adjust according to air cell size.
aircells.gif

I think you should at least have it stable for 24 hours before adding eggs. An it will take 24 more hours after that before it restablises.

Rebelcowboysnb and geosheet,
i'm going over to another thread, "Eggs in Bator." the issues/experiences i have while eggs are in the bator for the first time will be recorded there. along with yalls experienced advise!

I have a new dilema and will post it there.

Thanks Yall
rosco
ps. rebelcowboysnb, that is an awesome i picture. i'll put it on file. thank you

Back
Top Bottom