Need thoughts on breed.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mustangrooster, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Hi all,

I got these two little Wyandotte ladies around January this year. Sadly, the rooster that came with them got eaten by a snake, however with the show coming up, I sorta need to know exactly what they are...before I enter them. I'm 90% sure that they are silver laced Wyandotte bantams, but I couldn't find much photos of Wyandotte bantams anywhere to confirm that...so, I would appreciate any confirmation or other breed suggestions. If it helps, they dont have any bare spots or just plain/black on their bodies, they are laced all over.

DSC00268.JPG DSC00269.JPG

Thanks!

2. WhiteWyan

WhiteWyan Songster

May 17, 2017
    Ulster Park
    They look more like "pencilled" varieties? Even with fuzzy picture those feathers are so beautiful! I'll try to google a bit, see if I come up with anything...

3. @NataliesBackyardChickens

@NataliesBackyardChickens Songster

Jun 20, 2018
    NSW, Australia
    they look partridge to me. definantly not silver laced.

4. WhiteWyan

WhiteWyan Songster

May 17, 2017
    Ulster Park
    1000.jpg
    Did your roo look like one of these guys?

Google came back with maybe "partridge" or "silver pencilled." Do those look like your birds? I think small differences between birds come from different stock. Some of the pictures I saw of hens had much whiter/lighter head and neck feathers. Others have more bold or more fine "pencilling".

5. ButtonquailGirl14

ButtonquailGirl14 Free Ranging

Jul 13, 2017
    Northport WA
    looks like a pencil laced.

Alexandra33 and mustangrooster like this.
  6. Thanks for the quick replies. :)

@WhiteWyan The rooster looked a lot like the ones in the picture, the only thing different was the size difference and his feathers were a lot darker, he didn't have much light white feathers. The hens look nearly identical, just without the white head/neck.

They do look like they are pencil laced, thanks for your help guys!

7. WhiteWyan

WhiteWyan Songster

May 17, 2017
    Ulster Park
    Cool good luck showing them! They are beautiful!

8. Thank you! :)

9. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Crowing

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    They are Silver Penciled sometimes called Silver Partridge. But the APA calls it Silver Penciled so that's what color they'd be shown under.

10. Beautiful Silver Penciled, undoubtedly. I've got one just like her. :)

~Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by