Need to buy feed, dont dare

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by helloroe, Mar 16, 2011.

1. helloroe

helloroe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Cetral FL
    The girls are out of food but I am scared to go to the feed store. Last time I did I brought home 10 more FUZZY BUTTS! I just walked into the store, heard chirping and the rest is history. My "12 will be a great size flock" now has 70 here at the moment with another 50 meaties coming in 2 weeks. Chicken math is very interesting. I wish my money multiplied like chickens. Need to find a feed store that delivers. For today I will go get food, maybe I can call, tell them to put it on the dock and I wont have to go into the store? Wednesdays is when they receive their new chicks in. Well I have another tote that would work as a brooder and that spare heat lamp I have in case the first one breaks and..........

2. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Face it, you're an addict - you've got a chicken on your back. [​IMG]

3. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Addicted.The best way is to face it.buy more!!! [​IMG]

4. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I just go in to the register and tell them what feed I want and pay for it. The guys load it for me out the back entrance... Sometimes if it is just a bag or two they bring it up front for me. See there is a perfect solution to your problem...[​IMG]

Now don't go wandering off in the store!

5. Badbaby05

Badbaby05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Small blessings...my feed store doesn't carry chicks, just has chick days but you have to order 1 month prior or you don't get any [​IMG] Good thing cuz I know I would be in trouble.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Be strong. The first step towards recovery is admitting that you have problems. On second thought- the heck with it. BUY MORE CHICKS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    you need a pair of these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. helloroe

helloroe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Cetral FL
    I went, paid and had them bring them out to me. I think it would be easier to get off cocaine then to hear those chirps from inside!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by