Need to get my chicks outside, Brooder too small!!

I know he's thinking...

Great....we got kids now?
hmm.png

Im sure there is some sort of "chicken language" that they have managed to keep secret from the human race. But we as large hairless monkeys have gotten the gist of thier intentions and demands. They have us well trained!

I've read that roosters are generally really good with chicks - it's the hens you have to watch! Our chicks are in the run for the day - separated - and our two 1 year old banties couldn't care less. They did look the chicks food and treats over with interest, but that was it. Surprised me, considering how nosy those two are!

I've read the same thing about roos.... with the exception of roos under a year old, they may be a little rough. But, the hens, that is surprising! I don't understand why they want to act that way...
hu.gif

I don't know...competition maybe? One of our sweet little hens turned into a murderous thug toward anyone lower in the pecking order. She did okay while free ranging, so she ended up moving to a farm in Eastern WA.

Ma Barker and Bonnie Parker, Giovanni "The Stiletto" Marinelli......lol mobster hens....any of them have a tommy gun hidden under their nest box?

We will lay your eggs, see. But we dont take to being pushed around, see!, So yooz betta give us the good, see? You know, the whole enchilada, see? The big numba, the big cheese!! Thats right, we wanna see those worm, honey, or its light out for yooz!!

Back
Top Bottom