Need to get rid of TWO chickens in Colorado Springs area

theOliverofarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi, I believe I have just had some bad luck with an aggresive flock. We bought three adult chickens from a flock (where 40 birds have been killed because of aggression). We have culled the most aggresive one and separated the last two. One had been hurt pretty bad, but she is SO SWEET. She is my favorite chicken ever. She is an Orpington and so funny and sweet. I want her to go to a good home, but she is easily, easily bullied. She is currently healing up in a kennel in my garage. She looks pretty pathetic, but still sweet and perky as ever. She is an awesome egg layer. I believe she would do alright on her own to someone who could give her some TLC.

The other one is a Red Star. It's not that she is aggressive, just not a good combination with the already bullied and pecked at Orpington. She is a great egg layer.

BOth are only a year old! I need two kind hearted people to take them. I refuse to sell them to someone who will not treat them well. I will cull them instead if needed. We are getting 5 new chicks next week.

We sold the healthy one to a nice family just west of us. Now, who wants a slightly damaged, but the sweetest chicken you've ever met? She will heal up, but it's going to just take some R&R in a dog crate. She still lays eggs even in there :)

I would love to have her but I'm all the way in Ga. I have 3 3.5 mo old very sweet sex links in the coop n 3 more lil ones inside, almost ready for the outside playpen coop ;-). I just have girls cuz we love love fresh eggs and ours are pets. I have an 11 yr old who just adores them n is always playing w them ( sometimes she sits out there n does her homework n they perch on her!). Mine will Never be dinner. I really wish I could take her!

We are going to try and keep her and introduce her to the chicks when they're older, but still young. We will watch carefully. If it doesn't work, we will try and give her away later. Our chicks are going to all be docile breeds, so hoping this could maybe work.

Hello, If you are still in the market of finding a good, healthy home for your hens, I would like to volunteer to adopt them. I have two backyard chickens that my wife and I take care of now, but one of them has stopped laying and she is also somewhat aggressive to our other hen. The hen that we will be keeping is very playful and happy. Please email me as soon as possible, as I will be having one prepared over the weekend for our Labor Day BBQ. :) I look forward to getting your email really soon.

Scott Ely
[email protected]

Hello there, I've just modified our back underside of our patio into a chicken coop. Problem is, we don't have any chickens. :) Our three kids (10,10 and 7), are now waiting for me to fill that vacancy and look forward to checking to see if those hens laid any eggs and start racing each other downstairs. If you fear for the chickens safety, then you might be more worried about them hens becoming spoiled and getting too much attention. Our kids don't do "mean"(only to each other :) and would love to adopt them. Please call @832-407-3320 Jimmy...and I do live in Colorado Springs.

Oliver:

I am not the most experienced, and not in a position to adopt your birds...but some folks have suggested sequestering the aggressive bird for a week or two...letting the flock reforming the pecking order and letting the aggressive bird back into the flock as a subordinate bird may mitigate your issues....my two cents....

Back
Top Bottom