Need to identify an incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BantyMom, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. BantyMom

    BantyMom Out Of The Brooder

    Oct 22, 2008
    Salinas, CA
    I've been given an incubator. The person has no idea what kind it is or how to operate it. I'm happy to research the latter, but I need to know what kind it is first.

    It is made of hard gray plastic, and is round, a bit bigger in diameter than an LP. There is a black, plastic grid that fits into the bottom, and over that something that looks like a spoked wheel. In the center column is a chandelier light. On the base, below the gray tub, is what looks like a cam, and judging by the placement of some ridges on the underside of the gray tub, it looks like it would partly turn the tub back and forth. Covering the top is a clear, plastic top with 4 holes, 3 of which have little red covers.

    I'm not sure if that is enough of a description, but if you know what it is, I'd appreciate the information. Additionally, any information as to its reliability, ease of use, and any tips or tricks would also be appreciated. Btw, do I need to get another little red cover for the fourth open hole?

  2. chickens4jojo

    chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I am not sure what it may be, but....


    A free incubator would be a dream come true! [​IMG]

    Anyone know what this is???
  3. dbcooper02

    dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by