Need to know breeds of my hatchery chicks

Quote:
They are hatchery birds, so who knows what they really should be. I wanted Lunch and Dinner and my 5 year old grand daughter told them to add Breakfast and Snack. She was only supposed to get one and Snack was the one she kept bugging me about. Don;t know how I ended up with both of them. LOL

Quote:
They are hatchery birds, so who knows what they really should be. I wanted Lunch and Dinner and my 5 year old grand daughter told them to add Breakfast and Snack. She was only supposed to get one and Snack was the one she kept bugging me about. Don;t know how I ended up with both of them. LOL

From what I understand, its called Chicken Math! LOL It happened to me too, I ordered 5 SS chicks from the Rural King and walked away with like 10 chicks, I was trying to figure out how in the world to sneak the 5 extras in without anyone noticing.
big_smile.png
I also have a real problem going in and just looking and talking to the folks about certain breeds, before I know it I'm giving up my cell # and saying call me if ya get any in and.......... they do!
th.gif

Quote:

From what I understand, its called Chicken Math! LOL It happened to me too, I ordered 5 SS chicks from the Rural King and walked away with like 10 chicks, I was trying to figure out how in the world to sneak the 5 extras in without anyone noticing.
big_smile.png
I also have a real problem going in and just looking and talking to the folks about certain breeds, before I know it I'm giving up my cell # and saying call me if ya get any in and.......... they do!
th.gif

I know it well. Wanted chickens again a few years ago. Just 3 -4. Had to give up my whole flock when we moved. 31 hens and pullets and 2 guineas. This time I figured maybe just an even 2 dozen. Chicks don't count and quail are so small they don't either, so maybe just a few more than my last flock, or maybe 20 or so. They move, who can count. Have most of what I wanted in the beginning, but dang! There's so many breeds out there. It's not my fault! LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
big_smile.png
th.gif

I know it well. Wanted chickens again a few years ago. Just 3 -4. Had to give up my whole flock when we moved. 31 hens and pullets and 2 guineas. This time I figured maybe just an even 2 dozen. Chicks don't count and quail are so small they don't either, so maybe just a few more than my last flock, or maybe 20 or so. They move, who can count. Have most of what I wanted in the beginning, but dang! There's so many breeds out there. It's not my fault! LOL

Glad the chicks don't count. LOL if they did I'd be in world of hurt, Ive been busy hatching out my silkiexSalmon Favs. and boy are they cuties.LOL I just got to stop!
lol.png

Good than I'm getting better at breeds. I was affraid to ask, is this this and that that. LOL

She's so small I was pretty sure and how she is. Now if I can get a definate on Snack. I just keep going back to Bantam Wellie. I have some, but just managed to hatch out another roo and he just went in with my hens last week. Just been a while since anyone here was a chick. Guess I need to spend some time learning some of my other breeds before I get into them and stop hovering over the others that I know better.

Back
Top Bottom