Need to know what you do with Eggs before setting them

Well, today was 21 days, I checked 4-5 times thoughout the day, and on one trip I found 1/2 of an egg shell, but did not see or hear any peeping chick.. Might have been drying out yet..

After being in the 60-70s last week and now dropping back down to 22 degrees last night and only got to 30 today, I didn't want to mess around much with the chicken..

I did ease down once and slowly put my hand by her beak to see if she wanted to peck me.. Seeing that she didn't I eased my hand under her and only felt eggs, but again I only barely felt around not wanting to hurt or annoy...

Maybe tomorrow will tell me something..

anxious.. <-- always been my
lol.png

I had 4 hatch that were in the refrigerator! I just threw some under a broody because I couldn't break her of it and sure enough, they all hatched! Now that I have eggs specifically for hatching, I store them on the counter, no frige!

You still have a chance!

Quote:
I just checked earlier this morning, eased my hand under little momma and felt and heard little peepers..

lol.png
When I first walked into the room they really puffed up and started to let me know to back away.. I figured there were little ones when I saw that..

Being cold again, I didn't do much just wanted to see if they were hatching, so right at the moment I feel much better..

It's suppose to get back into the 40s by Friday (tomorrow) and 60s by Mon. So I'll hopefully be able to find out how many made it..

I put a heat lamp close in case they might want to move into a warmer area....
roll.png

I wasn't expecting my hens to go broody this early is why I had my eggs in the refrig. But when they started, 4 out of 5 went broody on me one right after another..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom