Need to re-home guineas

karensc

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 3, 2012
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone is interested in 2 guineas I have. For personal reasons I must re-home them. I really hate to do it because I am attached to them, but I have to
sad.png
. I have a 3 year old pearl gray male (Teddy) and a 1 year old coral blue female (Tara) They are both sweet birds and they have to go together. I live in Greenville, SC. I also have their enclosed covered play yard that I want to go with them.
hit.gif

Please let me know.

Thank You

Karen

I know someone who might be interested. Let me talk to her. In the meantime, if you find someone who wants them for sure, don't wait for me. Can you describe the play yard? Size, materials, etc?

Hi i live in pickens sc and have been looking for some guineas to join my small chicken flock. if you still have them i would like to make them an addition here at the house. you can text or call me to reach me at 864 420 5037

No I will not ship. They are full grown adult guineas. You may want to look local in the Ohio area for some. I know alot of people that have them in Ohio. Check your Tractor Supply Store for some. They may have some now for the spring.

Karensc, my friend can't take them now, but good luck. Maybe seththefireman can come to you to get them. Adult guineas aren't that difficult to re-home, fortunately. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Thank You JLeigh, Seth did come and take them this morning. I know they will get a good home, just by what he was telling me about his home and set up. It was really hard to see them go, but I know they are better off now with him. He has chickens and they will be able to be birds. At my home, they were not able to be birds. Some of my neighbors did not like them and you know there is always 1 that makes it difficult. So, I was not able to let them free range and do what I wanted them to do with bugs, etc.
But I thank you so much for thinking of me and asking your freind about taking them. I'll be OK because I know they will be OK now.

Thank You

Karen

Yay! That's a great outcome, karensc.
smile.png
I'm glad they found a good home so quickly. I understand how uncooperative neighbors can make everything miserable for you - I have yucky neighbors myself, and I had to re-home my original two guineas, which broke my heart, but they got a good home, too. As long as their physical needs are met, (and they get treats every once in a while), the guineas are happy. They really aren't that connected to us "emotionally" - at least not as connected as we are to them. Sorry you had to go through it though.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom