! NEED TO REHOME DUCKS!

Sep 25, 2021
Hi ! We need to rehome our 4 white pekin ducks, they are almost a year old. We have 3 males and one female who is laying eggs daily. All 4 ducks are in good health. We are located in Enumclaw, WA , please let me know if anyone has any tips on rehoming them or if anyone wants to take them in :)

I'm sorry you need to rehome your ducks.

You might try our state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...me-together-washington-peeps.717207/page-5036

Also the app Nextdoor.

Sometimes Craigslist can be successful. I got 3 pet ducks there, the person who gave them to me had requirements and did 2 home visits before letting me have them. I'm very dedicated to them and take them to the vet, so it can work out well if you investigate the home.

Also, you may want to look into flock ratios. Usually we recommend about 5 female ducks for every 1 male duck to prevent injuries from overmating. Female ducks can be permanently injured or killed from overmating. Your ducks' new owner may not know this, or have space for more ducks/coops ect.

I'm sorry you need to rehome your ducks.

You might try our state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...me-together-washington-peeps.717207/page-5036

Also the app Nextdoor.

Sometimes Craigslist can be successful. I got 3 pet ducks there, the person who gave them to me had requirements and did 2 home visits before letting me have them. I'm very dedicated to them and take them to the vet, so it can work out well if you investigate the home.

Also, you may want to look into flock ratios. Usually we recommend about 5 female ducks for every 1 male duck to prevent injuries from overmating. Female ducks can be permanently injured or killed from overmating. Your ducks' new owner may not know this, or have space for more ducks/coops ect.
Thank you so much for the reply and advice ! We got the ducks when they were not even a week old so we weren't able to tell the gender for a while, but for now we have them safe and handled it just isn't ideal so hopefully we can rehome them soon :)

Back
Top Bottom