Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I'm currently living in northwest washington (skagit valley) and am being forced to downsize the flock because of a cross-country move some time very soon. In a little while we'll have decided which birds we're definitely keeping, but figured I'd send out a notice here to people who could possibly take in some ducks, maybe geese? not quite sure about what will be available right this minute, but I'll update and reply to this once I know. Possible breeds of Rouen, Buff, Mallard, Pekin, and pekin/rouen or mallard/rouen crosses available, as well as white chinese geese. I just want to save as many of our birds from slaughter as possible. If we can't find homes for the ones we can't keep, my dad says we're gonna be eating duck :/ we'd be leaving before the end of october, so they all need to be gone by then, if possible. sorry for the long post, but it's been heavy on my mind
Are you still looking for homes for the ducks? I'm just north of you in Whatcom and my daughter wants to add 1-2 ducks (preferably female, she says) to our small flock of four hens (2 Buff, 1 Cayuga, 1 Rouen). (I would say more, but until we can expand we only have room for up to 2 at the moment.)

I think I have one more cockerel in the silkie peeps of 4 left
Give me 6 in the banty coop the older silkie a frizzle and the blue EE.. With 3 other pullets it is perfect..
BF added height on the little part so it is all the same now can be open now.

Are you still looking for homes for the ducks? I'm just north of you in Whatcom and my daughter wants to add 1-2 ducks (preferably female, she says) to our small flock of four hens (2 Buff, 1 Cayuga, 1 Rouen). (I would say more, but until we can expand we only have room for up to 2 at the moment.)
If the ducks you are asking about aren't available anymore maybe consider these?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/need-to-rehome-ducks.1494889/#post-24943545

They might be too far for you, and I'm not sure if the current owner will split up the flock.

Hi!! Unfortunately you're just too late ^^; my dad found a home for them all together (except my favorite, she's coming with us) about a week ago. I wish you luck on getting more duckies though :D

What a busy few months! I have 5 of 13 laying now (and am completely overrun with eggs) and no amount of trying to give away the stupid cockerel has worked! No one wants him. We are stuck with Stella it seems…he’s a good boy, takes care of the girls and keeps the neighbors cats away…but he also yells at every big or leaf that moves. He yells from 5am to a little after dark…all day long. 😬

I can’t eat the eggs as fast as they lay them, I’m allergic to the whites (today I’ve got itching in my mouth and lips and a slight tightening at my throat…I really should stop eating them altogether). I didn’t know I was going to develop an allergy to my favorite food! I’d never have gotten back into chickens had I known!

Attachments

• 402D3C86-06FC-424E-B5AB-2D104DF7C627.jpeg
    402D3C86-06FC-424E-B5AB-2D104DF7C627.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 1
  • 919D914B-D5C8-47A5-A365-86F669575C8F.jpeg
    919D914B-D5C8-47A5-A365-86F669575C8F.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 1
  • A59A25AB-B151-44C7-9BC2-AEA9DC77B90F.jpeg
    A59A25AB-B151-44C7-9BC2-AEA9DC77B90F.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi everyone, I'm downsizing my flocks for winter and to prep for a new project flock next spring. Accordingly, I have a lot of chickens available to be rehomed!

Two of these are freebies: a mixed cockerel around six months old, and a mixed chick around five months old. I'm in the SeaTac area if anyone would like them.

Back
Top Bottom