Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We have a wildlife rehab center here that is happy to take unwanted roosters. You have my sympathy and so does your adorable daughter!
Thank you, he really has it out for her! He's gone after my son once too, but my son flapped around and ran Stella off on his own. Every person I've asked or offered him up to said "put him on craigslist, he'll be gone in less than 24 hours"...pfft. Lol

Rained this morning, my repurposed tin roof leaks were old nail holes are (lots of holes toward the end farthest from the coop), so the gals are mostly staying in the coop. The first gal that asked for Stella showed up a few minutes ago and he's going off to Deer Park (or farther North than us anyway) to live with 30 hens! I'm happy to have him gone, especially after he attacked my kid's face yesterday! Down to 13 hens (pullets) now...still technically 3 over our "limit", but I don't expect my little scissor beak, Shadow to survive as long as the rest, she's half their size and is definitely low chicken in the pecking order. Going to start feeding her some mush separate from the rest of the flock.

It's been raining off and on a bit.

We have a lot of little garter snakes. They are cute. Ive had to pick up many from the drive over the years so I could leave. I don't miss any of the snake from the east side of the mountains. We did have garter snakes there as well.

Back
Top Bottom