Need to rehome one of our Brahma hens

I’ll try to get better picks trying to figure out which is which still right now I have two in isolation. What’s best when one has had a tail munched? From others advice I did dye her poor butt but one little brown saw right through that and so took her out for now so hopefully she can heal up. Wow these mini raptors have me on the hop lol

The two EE have the face tufts starting, look like fluffy cheeks lol also super friendly
tufts or muffs?
this is tufts:
Resized_20190108_153148.jpeg

05907BBC-1F89-45AE-AEEA-ABF859ABAB21.png
12441E2A-946A-4FF9-9160-8CB5412645F5.png
EE4AA56A-A0CD-4B7D-9E31-47A39432A7AC.png
Lol ok looked again now really confused yeah welcome to chickens right. This one is in a temporary holding box as it’s the one with the messed up tail etc. other one motor pronounced but harder to get a pic as in the run.got these as pullets beg of May so still young birds
See what you think.
This one seems more under the eyes. Other one has one side more fluffed up than other. Green legs.

View attachment 1811591 View attachment 1811592 View attachment 1811593 Lol ok looked again now really confused yeah welcome to chickens right. This one is in a temporary holding box as it’s the one with the messed up tail etc. other one motor pronounced but harder to get a pic as in the run.got these as pullets beg of May so still young birds
See what you think.
This one seems more under the eyes. Other one has one side more fluffed up than other. Green legs.

yea, those are muffs and beard, not tufts. ;-)

I agree with @MomJones... that hen needs to be culled.

Yup problem one not going back in. The two browns started pecking when they saw damage but I’m fairly confident they didn’t cause the trouble. Yup the two EE are very very friendly so making sure this one heals up a bit and on weekend secure the extra run so she can get out again.

Supposed to be getting a kids play shed arriving this weekend too, going to retrofit it out for winter as their bigger coop so best I start early . Really amazed how fond one gets of these little guys.

Back
Top Bottom