Need to vent, having a VERY bad morning.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by encmanerabbitry, Dec 2, 2008.

1. encmanerabbitry

encmanerabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    Tilbury, ON
    Sorry but I need to vent! I'm having a rough go of things this morning.

So this morning I went out early to feed the animals, I was only out for about 15-20 mins max, and I came back in the house to find my 4 yr old son standing in the laundry room where all my incubators, hatchers, and brooders are, holding one of the little white button quails that hatched about a week ago, saying (Mom, he's sleeping, shhhhh.) Well needless to say it died, he must have squeezed the poor thing. [​IMG]

Then about an hour ago I went out to collect eggs for the incubator, and I was walking back to the house with about a dozen, spangled hamberg, silkie, and blue cochin eggs. And don't ya know it, I slipped and fell. [​IMG] Goodbye eggs! But at least I was okay.

Then to top it all of, the mail just came. I had ordered 2 dozen Quail eggs. Boxed looked good, but I notice it didn't have any FRAGILE stickers on it. So I came in the house and opened it up, sure enough all but 1 of the eggs is broken. And its about 7 short of 2 dozen. Some people! [​IMG]
    I know shipping eggs is a risk you take, but I really think that the no fragile stickers has something to do with it, and to not even send all the eggs! [​IMG] The lady could have let me know that she couldn't get 2 dozen, I just talked to her the day she sent them. [​IMG]

Okay rant over! Thanks for letting me vent, what a morning!
    [​IMG] this is me for the rest of the afternoon. lol.

Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like a rotten morning! I'd be mad, too.

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] I'm sorry your day is starting off so badly and I'm sorry for the loss of your baby chick and all your eggs [​IMG]

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Awwww [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It will get better !! It will get better !!

5. encmanerabbitry

Oct 20, 2008
    Tilbury, ON
    Thanks everybody, with the terrible morning I'm having I'm affraid to even look in the hatcher! I've got some "sexy brahmas", pure brahmas and hambergs that should be hatching. I think I'll check when my day gets better lol.

6. Litewings

Litewings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    Look at it this way. Hopefully this is rock bottom and the only way to go from here................is up.
    Good luck with the rest of your day.

Litewings

7. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    Wishing you a better day. [​IMG]

What kind of Quail?

8. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Man!! What an awful beginning to Tuesday. Hoping things better from here on out...especially in your hatcher!! [​IMG]

9. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHHhh. Sorry for the hard morning.

Can I have the two year old? Please? awww [​IMG]

I have been unpacking Christmas things and was just thinking I hadn't had any broken stuff in ever so many years. The kids used to help me get it out every year when they were small. Every single thing would get handled and ohhed and ahhhed over. It used to take forever, and my throat would ache from having to say over and over , "that's fragile be carefull dear". "Yes you remember it goes over there, well you can put it over there, but walk slowly, it's fragile."

So now it takes me about 30 minutes to unpack it all, no drama.

Have a hot cuppa, and take the day off. That is where you simply abdicate any responsibility untill tomorrow for any icky jobs, you hate doing that are not vital. Conversely (or perversely) it can also work to figure the day is shot anyway and you can pile everything you hate doing into today because the whole dang day is ruined anyway, in sort of a selfpity purge/ blitz. Then give yourself tomorrow off and go do something fun like take in a movie, or visit a favourite freind, or watch videos, because you have it all done. [​IMG]

10. encmanerabbitry

Oct 20, 2008
    Tilbury, ON
    Quote:Japanese, nothing fancy, and it's a good thing.

I'm not even sure if I want to put just the one in the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by