Need turkey stuffing recipe

Quote:
Thank You Gram...we had a super nice turkey yesterday, still half left which is headed for freezer sealed bags as hubby left this am to go back to work and well that much turkey for 2 little ones and just me will spoil.

Of all the provinces I would love to live in NB its just so beautiful there, but not in a city of course lol

Quote:
YAAY!!!! I'm so glad you liked it.
wee.gif

Ema, I read you BYC page. I don't know how you do it! You have a very enviable life. I often wish I could start over and live a more "natural" life. I grew up on a small chicken farm, but as a young adult did not fully appreciate the life I had lived. Now as I am getting along in years and have grandchiildren I see the life I should have lived. We only have 2 acres, but enjoy gardening and a few chickens. I am still working, but look forward when I can stay home and putter all day.

You have a long cold winter to battle. Where you live must be beautiful. I have been as far as Toronto, but never north. NB is nice. Family lives in the very southern area, just above Maine. Being a inlander all my life I love the ocean. Keep up the good life!
Gram

Quote:
Well I will be honest I grew up in Spain after parents split. Surrounded by ocean and subtropical weather. We owned a chicken farm, a meat rabbit farm and a very large citrus orchard. My aunt owned a butchery and every Saturday I helped her. I would go deep sea fishing with my great grandfather on the Mediterranean and summers we spend it picking the citrus fruits off our orchards, dates, olives and figs. We also owned a watermelon field and that was super fun. I earned my love for being on a farm from everything I was taught from grandma, aunts and uncles. I tried living in a city I just never felt at home in one. When my dad passed away he left me money and his instructions were to buy a farm where I would be happy and feel at home. I paid 20k for a 3 bedroom 2 bath 1200 sq. foot fixer upper farm house with 48 acres of land. Yes there are still a lot of repairs that need to be done, the top floor is pretty much done, and the basement needs to be insulated but we are working on it slowly, knowing that we will live here the rest of our lives gives us the ability to fix things at a workable pace when extra money is available. Most of my land is wooded, but we got plenty for the horses and the greenhouses which are going up this coming spring :)

Living in the city I hated winters, mind you it never ever got as cold as here or as much snow, but my first winter here I realized I loved winter, just not city winters. It took me a while to learn to just stay home once I moved here. the original plan was to stay home but quickly after I got a job and I worked 16 hour days at a mine. I always gone and I was quickly missing everything my daughter was doing. so we made the decision to tighten the belt and I would stay home while he went to work. Now there is always someone home for the kids, and they are learning about farming and they love to help me in the coop, or gardening. there is nothing more enjoyable then going berry picking on our land and watching the kids try not to eat their berries, which never works and they come back with full tummies and empty baskets...lol...A lot of people tell me ..oh you have such a simple life, and maybe I do, but its the life I really want. I can't afford new big trucks and flat screen televisions or vacations in the bahamas but we are content with what we have, the bills are paid and we always have delicious food on the table, and most important...happy kids!!! :)

As they say "you only past this way once" so do it your way. I wish I had had your wisdom at a younger age. Absolutely nothing is better than a breath of your own fresh air. Hopefully there is a little chicken included! I love hearing about people living their dreams. And Canada has that "bigger than life" feel. A beautiful place to raise your family. Good luck.
Gram

Back
Top Bottom