need tylan injection doseage asap please

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by therealsilkiechick, Mar 8, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i need tylan 50 injection info dose and how to do it. i know it is an im but never had to do it before cause never could find the meds. any help would be greatly appreciated i have 3 sick with different stuff.
    thanks,
    silkie

2. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    this is for a 1 year old hen, 6 month old pullet and a 4 mnth old pullet.

thanks,
    silkie

3. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thanks mel!! got everything already cept the tylan dh was on the way to get it when my car died so waiting on a ride now for it and parts for the car.
    mar

4. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    alright got shots into 2 of them worked great they didn't even move gotta get the other one outside to do her yet. they were good girls and never made a fuss!

i used the 27ga needles i have and worked great except the med took a little longer to fill up and worked great for putting in slow and no blood so could do in first attempt. thanks so much for the help. they r recouping from frostbite and sick so i hope this works and helps them.
    silkie

5. sammi

sammi Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    Southeast USA
    what symptoms do they have that you are using Tylan?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  6. keystonebantams

keystonebantams Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Not that it will make much difference being that silkie and I are both licensed poultry technicians, but 2 are coughing and sneezing and one has conjuntivitis. the 3 have been given 2 injections each and will get a third today.

I have to say that the Tylan 50 is definitely worth keeping around. after the first injection I saw substantial improvement, the coughing and sneezing is minimal and the conjuctivitis is subsiding, the eye is open but still runny. After 2 days I have not heard any sneezing or coughing, I will let you know how the conjuctivitis is doing later after checking on it.

mike

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by