NEED URGENT HELP

jasmine0613

Chirping
Aug 8, 2021
My pet rooster is 4 and half years old. he was always energetic and chirpy. A month ago i lost my other rooster who was his pair and companion for the last 4 1/2 years. it was pretty shocking and heartbreaking for me and i think it took a toll on my other roo. he is slowly getting depressed and im really scared for him.

1.he doesn't eat his usual feed until he is handfed. i feed him some scrambled egg, some fish meat and his favorite fruits (usually melon) but he is not eating his multi grains.
2. his stool is a bit watery and greeny for the past month
3.he often lays on the ground which is so unusual because he was always so jumpy which makes think that he does not sleep in his coop
4.his breathing is getting so heavy like he is having cold which is getting worse because today his croaking voice changed a bit today.
im going to vet tomorrow
PLEASE READ AND HELP ME TRY TO HELP HIM.

Where are you located? Is this your only chicken or do you also have a flock of hens? I would say your rooster needs a companion if it weren't for the breathing issues. That points to a respiratory disease. He would need to be treated with an antibiotic for secondary bacterial infection.

There's also an outside chance this is a viral avian disease. If so, it wouldn't be treatable with antibiotics.

I live in india..
He is currently the only one i had him and my late roo as my pets.
Truthfully the respiratory problem is more serious than the companion.
Anyways i will try to buy the antibiotics..i would be grateful if i could get the name of it

Hunt for Tylan or Tylosin.

You join other members from Asia that keep a pair of roosters as pets. To lose one of the pair is devastating for both you and the surviving rooster. If this one is able to recover from this illness, and there is reason to believe he will, you need to find him another friend.

Last year, our friend @Saaniya lost her rooster Tootoo, and since then, she's adopted two small wild birds. They all get along happily.

Hunt for Tylan or Tylosin.

You join other members from Asia that keep a pair of roosters as pets. To lose one of the pair is devastating for both you and the surviving rooster. If this one is able to recover from this illness, and there is reason to believe he will, you need to find him another friend.

Last year, our friend @Saaniya lost her rooster Tootoo, and since then, she's adopted two small wild birds. They all get along happily.
thank you ill try to buy it asap

Hi ...he sound like he's having lack of good bacteria in his gut can u give some probiotics ? Poultry probiotics not yoghurt
My pet rooster is 4 and half years old. he was always energetic and chirpy. A month ago i lost my other rooster who was his pair and companion for the last 4 1/2 years. it was pretty shocking and heartbreaking for me and i think it took a toll on my other roo. he is slowly getting depressed and im really scared for him.

1.he doesn't eat his usual feed until he is handfed. i feed him some scrambled egg, some fish meat and his favorite fruits (usually melon) but he is not eating his multi grains.
2. his stool is a bit watery and greeny for the past month
3.he often lays on the ground which is so unusual because he was always so jumpy which makes think that he does not sleep in his coop
4.his breathing is getting so heavy like he is having cold which is getting worse because today his croaking voice changed a bit today.
im going to vet tomorrow
PLEASE READ AND HELP ME TRY TO HELP HIM.

One more thing i wanted to ask im feeling something very above his crop i feel something very hard above his crop like its a bone idk is it what i think or is it something else please do tell me @Saaniya @Eggcessive

Last edited:
One more thing i wanted to ask im feeling something very above his crop i feel something very hard above his crop like its a bone idk is it what i think or is it something else please do tell me @Saaniya @Eggcessive
That is the wish bone anything above or inside the crop that feels round small it's the joint of their neck. When crop is completely empty u can feel it

And what I want to tell u sthat if u are having home chicken who roam indoor not in outer bird contact then it's very rare for them to get a systematic infection
Except cocci and Ecoli but still they are rare in home bird

That is the wish bone anything above or inside the crop that feels round small it's the joint of their neck. When crop is completely empty u can feel it

And what I want to tell u sthat if u are having home chicken who roam indoor not in outer bird contact then it's very rare for them to get a systematic infection
Except cocci and Ecoli but still they are rare in home bird
Thank you
He is indoor and outdoor bird like he mostly stays inside during the day and at the night he sleeps in his coop.
He was mostly mostly outdoor until his pair died which made me consider to mostly let him be in the house since i didn't want him to depressed

Back
Top Bottom