Need your opinion...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dnichols, May 7, 2017.

1. dnichols

dnichols Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    With the new Facebook ban on selling animals would there be any interest in a classified site where people can post their animals and various farm items? I have an idea for a site where people would have a simple profile so when people buy or sell an item they could see a little about who they are dealing with.

I've been playing with http://FarmersYardSale.com

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    You got a link on the faceBook ban Like when it will start?

1 person likes this.
  3. dnichols

dnichols Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    It's already in effect. Here's a link to their Commerce Policy. Animals are number five.

https://www.facebook.com/policies/commerce

[​IMG]
    I had three of my four posting removed because I was selling roosters.

This is why I was thinking of making a site where we could sell our farm animals and have simple member profiles so people could see who they are selling to.

http://FarmersYardSale.com

Just a thought. Let me know what ideas you have.

4. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Well you can list them here on BYC....in the BUY SELL TRADE forum...

5. abasset2

abasset2 Just Hatched

May 8, 2017
    HELP NEEDED: hello, my boyfriend and I are new chicken and duckling owners. We have 9 chickens who are currently growing their feathers and two ducklings. One is about twice the size of the other. I will be attempting to mix the ducks and chickens together in about a week or two. I have no clue what I should and shouldn't do. I need advice please.

6. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Hello abasset and welcome to BYC! A lot of people use the 'see but don't touch' set up when introducing one group of poultry to another. You can temporarily divide the coop and run for this, or put the babies in a cage within the chicks' area. There are many forums on introducing newcomers to the flock. Use the search bar above to find them. Also, this thread you have joined under 'random ramblings' may not be the best place to ask this. Try posting under 'raising backyard chickens' or in the ducks thread...
    There is the LEARNING CENTER, chock full of all kinds in info as well...
    good luck!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Check out " the look but don't touch, method of integration." It's the kindest, gentlest way - no bloodshed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by