Needing advice about my Runner duck

Hi there. A vet would be best, but if you can't find a vet I would suggest treating with antibiotics. My vet told me it's always best to call them sooner because eye problems get worse very quickly.

To find a vet, Google avian vet or exotic vet and the largest city near you. If you can't find one, start calling all of the cat/dog/farm vets.

If you cannot find a vet let us know and we can recommend antibiotics.

I have rung around and can not find a vet that does ducks..

Maybe just go to an open hour of one that does atleast do canary's or chickens? If they have open hours over there? I mean.. it's a bit cruel if they send that duck just away like that.. it might help if they séé it? Do a little slight-forcing?
It surely looks like it needs anti-biotics. It's turning in a color that looks masivly infected. I haven't found a vet that wants to do ducks neither. But someone who does chickens en doves and isn't afraid. A good vet can give a lighter dose of anti-biotics that he normally would use on chickens just to be safe for example. If he/she is not affraid and you aren't. An vet that doesn't do ducks still has more knowledge then you and I probably. And if this keeps festering it can cost an eye. And if he/she knows anything about birds, allthough maybe not ducks, it probably can do more then it thinks on the phone. Maybe you can convince one to atleast look at it? Or white-lie you have a 'bird, you don't know what species' and just bring the duck? =/

Back
Top Bottom