Needing Lots Of Positive Vibes! COUNTER OFFER ACCEPTED!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mrbstephens, Jul 20, 2010.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

We just got an offer on our house and have made a counter offer. Our counter offer is very high due to the loss we'd have because of the real estate agent's commission. I'm feeling panicky! [​IMG] If these people would have gone through us directly we'd be way more flexible on the price and they know that. They just couldn't wait till we got back from our camping trip to show the house so they contacted an agent. [​IMG] They've sold their house and are in a hurry to buy another.

In the meantime we've found a 3 acre parcel within walking distance to a beach that we'll be making an offer on. If it's accepted, we'll build a modest sized home on it and eventually have a small homestead with a farmstand.

PLEASE SEND YOUR POSITIVE VIBES!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Prayers and magical incantations are welcome too. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thank you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Skip

Skip Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

Sending magical bunnies to bring good luck! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mrbstephens

Thanks. I'm so nervous! [​IMG]

4. mrbstephens

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

COUNTER OFFER ACCEPTED!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

What is your commission rate there? In Illinois its generally 6% and then 4% if we do a one time show with no advertising or an actual signed listing.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:you are sooo lucky--I wish someone would even look at our house:-9 There's so mnay in the price range its sick:-( congrats for sure:)

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    wow that is wonderful. sounds like a new chapter of life is developing right before our eyes. good going.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mrbstephens

Quote:It's 6%.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It's 6%.

I am dealing with a guy right now who just went through a divorce, I sold them a gorgeous mfg. home on 10+ acres with a pond, on a full finished basement last year, and he has to sell because he is stuck with all the debt. . .and we are having to raise the price just enough to incorporate the 4% I am doing it for on a one time show, and hope I am showing it to the potential buyers this week. I know what you were going through, waiting and waiting to hear, so glad it came out alright for you. Don't EVER be afraid to counter!!! It's surprising what buyers will do when they really really love the place. Good luck on your new home venture. Sounds wonderful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by