We just got an offer on our house and have made a counter offer. Our counter offer is very high due to the loss we'd have because of the real estate agent's commission. I'm feeling panicky! If these people would have gone through us directly we'd be way more flexible on the price and they know that. They just couldn't wait till we got back from our camping trip to show the house so they contacted an agent. They've sold their house and are in a hurry to buy another. In the meantime we've found a 3 acre parcel within walking distance to a beach that we'll be making an offer on. If it's accepted, we'll build a modest sized home on it and eventually have a small homestead with a farmstand. PLEASE SEND YOUR POSITIVE VIBES!!! Prayers and magical incantations are welcome too. Thank you.