NEEDING NEW HELP PG2! ASAP!

I would say wait if your humidity is where it belongs. As alot can attest to here it is very hard to know exactly when to help and when not to. I make it a rule and believe I have been know to break my rules but I try not to. I do not believe that helping is total wrong in fact I have helped more then I can number but The ones I help are either dried in the shell or a chick that has pipped and is still alive after at least 28 hours after pip. Unless you have done it numerous times its hard to know the steps and the time to do each step. Most of the time hatchers are doing it way to early. You call it impatient I call it worry. You think ok it has pipped now it is going to hatch. This happens sometimes but in most cases the pip is hours ahead of the actual zipping and hatch. They are still not ready for breathing and the yolk and blood are absorbed during this waiting time. The pipping and turning in the egg helps them absorb. As all have said we have all been there and we all second guess ourselves. When you stop and give them enough time if conditions in the bator are correct this will not happen often unless its a weak chick or something is wrong with it. I am so sorry you lost the little one we know how you feel been there

Thanks everyone for such wonderful advice. The one that had piped for 24 hours with no more progress hatched by itsself over night. The other 3 eggs in the incubator had died in the shell not sure why. One had not developed all the way and the other 2 looked like good chicks but never piped the air sac and died. I have 2 healthy chickd out of 6 eggs. I feel so disapointed but am gonna try it again. I have 19 eggs to put in tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

Here is a pic of my babies that made it.
SDC12266.jpg

SDC12271.jpg

Back
Top Bottom