needing some prayers and good thoughts coming my way

Jkioneil

Songster
13 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Oregon
So I am in my late thirties. I have 5 kiddos and a wonderful DH. My DH has been too sick for work and has been a stay at home dad for the last several years. I have no problem being the bread winner I am very ambitious and love coming home to happy kids a clean house and well fed chickens.
D.gif
I left my well paid corporate job and went back to graduate school. Right before the market crashed. I admit it was not the best timing with such a large family. I recently with my Masters in Counseling Psychology and can't find work as a therapist. Can't go back to what I was doing as there are simply no openings and far more qualified applicants. So with Master's degree in hand, I just got a job as a housekeeper for pennies, especially compared to what we were making before I went back to school. I am ready to build my private practice for clients and scared I won't get any and will be scrubbing toilets for the rest of my life. That would all be hard enough except that I just found out I am pregnant with kiddo number 6. Maybe it is my hormones or the fact that my family has sacrificed a lot for me to go to school but now I am in a bit of a funk. I worry about even making rent not to mention bills. I worry about being homeless all the time. I keep telling myself things like "I am just beginning my career and once it takes off we will be okay" I also tell myself that I love my family and am thankful and blessed to have a household full of love and support the way I do" But I am scared out of my mind that I can barely support all of us as it is now and it is about to get a lot harder. I feel sad for my kiddos that they can't and don't have a lot of opportunities that other kids in the neighborhood have. Things they used to have things we used to do together. We lost our house we downgraded to a two bedroom 800sqft rental house. Yes, we are cramped, and then there was 8
barnie.gif

We had to sell our nice big new Dependable SUV and now drive a two door old car that I am afraid will breakdown anyday.

I am not trying to complain although I guess I am but could ya'll send some prayers for me that things look up that with this new obstacle there will be new opportunities? Please tonight when you send your thoughts to God mention me and pray for my family that we get though this.

I will be praying for you!
hugs.gif
Just try to remember-a baby is a blessing from God-He also promises He will never give us more than we can handle. Just take it one day at a time, and remember to trust God for tomorrow.

Bless your heart! It sounds like you have a full plate and running off the sides!
lau.gif
This is the place to come to to vent, complain, share, and ask for prayers. You have my prayers and a great big hug too.
hugs.gif

Hugs. I feel your pain. My decision to go back to school has completely obliterated our income. I feel sad and guilty, leaning on God heavily these days. Have 4 kiddos myself. God bless you and your family. The more I pray, the better I feel. Sometimes I fail, but God lifts me back up. Hang in there, you will get through this.

I'll pray. I went back to school thinking I would improve our situation. Apparently I was not as done having kids as my OB assured me because by the time I got my bachelors degree we had 2 more children. But it works out somehow. My husband somehow makes enough to keep us content, and I manage to cut costs enough to keep up from bankrupt. Some days I am not sure how it all works out but somehow it does and I know it will continue to be all right. I think he gives us the kiddos as a blessing to keep us going. If it was just for ourselves how tempted would we be to quit but we have kiddos who need and love us. So we keep going and at some point we exit the tunnel and we are surrounded by all this love that God provided for us.

Thank you all for your support. It has been a stressful time and I am thankful to hear others can relate. It means a lot to me to know there are people praying for my family. I find out on Christmas Eve if I am having twins and my exact due date. I will keep you al posted, and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

You have been blessed once again-how wonderful!! You do as much as you can, but God will provide. It may even be more of a blessing than you realize at this point. Although you think it is a hardship right now, it will probably make your family closer to overcome the difficulties together, and your childrens needs will most surely be met.
Remember what's most important and don't sweat the small stuff.
I will pray that God watches over you and your loved ones.

Back
Top Bottom