Neep help ASAP something is wrong with my chick!

she is doing better then she was lastnight no sneezing today but still breathing hard but no gasping. No discharge at all and is eating and drinking well. I gave her some more antibotics at 12 today and will again tonight and so on till she is better. I'd hate to lose any of these little boogers I am very attached to them they are like my little babies.

hugs.gif
I'm glad she is getting better. Soon she'll be running all over the place!

i had great success treating a chick (only a week or two old) by opening a capsule of ampicillin and dissolving in a tablespoon of water. give a few drops with an eye dropper 3 times a day. sounds to me like she has a respiratory infection. hold her up to your ear and see if you can hear gurgling sounds in her lungs. our chick improved immediately when i started this treatment. joy

A bird needs a relatively high humidity level ... although chickens (being outside ) usually have less problems than with cage birds, if they are inside and the humidity levels are below 70 percent then this might be an additional difficulty which is preventing your bird from recovery. Increase the humidity by hanging a wet towel or two near their environment.

Back
Top Bottom