Neighbor complaining about roosters crowing

Pics
Living in the country involves things like roosters crowing. I live in town, so I cannot have roosters, but if I was on my dream farm, I'd most certainly have one. Sorry that your neighbor can't handle the beautiful sounds of the early morning crowing. It's just part of the territory! :) I'd rather hear that than the sounds of fire sirens and jake brakes from the trucks coming off the exit near my house.

My other neighbor, who has been here for decades, with three roosters says it is legal
this is very different than researching the laws for yourself. your neighbor may well think it’s ok because he’s done it for so long and has never had an issue. i would find out firsthand. id go so far as to print the bylaws out so that i had a hard copy to reference.
For noise times, I keep him in the dark from sunset to 10-10:30a.
the morning time has gotten later and later as this thread has gone on. if roosters are allowed, then there’s no need to keep your guy cooped up for most of the morning.
Lately, I've been putting him in the bathroom so he would crow is morning crow in there.
again, this seems unnecessary as well as unsanitary
For setbacks, technically we are breaking that, but with the neighbor who is alright with the rooster. We aren't breaking setback rule with the complaining neighbor.
if your complaining neighbor calls and an inspector comes out, it won’t matter who’s house your coop is too close to, it will just be seen as in violation of the setback ordinances.

if i were in your shoes, i would first make sure i knew exactly what the rules were where i lived, and then i’d make sure i was following all of them.

after that, i’d have a conversation with my neighbor like an adult and calmly explain that my property was completely above board.

I love when my citiot neighbours whine about the smell of the liquid manure they spray on the fields :)

Then they have to audacity to have a honking big party and play music all night, and shoot off fireworks (which are illegal here - too many complaints from farmers cattle stampeding and me with my horses going bonkers!, not to mention a lot of Veterans here in this area with PTSD - this is a local military town), and when you complain about them they get all snotty!

Haven' heard them whining about my old horse who has heaves and cough/farts all day/night long.... :) Boy does sound carry at night!

Back
Top Bottom