Neighbor FOUND this DUCK in Cat's mouth...PICS

Thank you all...we are going to keep it until it is old enough to make it on its own. We do NOT have ducks...only chickens. Sad story is that we had to cull one of our chickens last night(paralysis and prolapsed vent:()...then early this morning my neighbors son home from college brings me this baby duck thinking maybe we had some that his cat got into. My DD said its a reincarnation! LOL

How old does it look to you all? My best chicken guess would be 3-4 days??

When is the best age to release it?

Need to go get Duck starter crumbles...

frow.gif

he looks to be about the same age as the ones I have now and I am estimating their ages at 4 days

cool.png
Ok...I called the VINS center in Vermont http://www.vinsweb.org/index.html and they explained that it is ILLEGAL to try to keep/rehab/raise wild animals in the United States and Canada. She gave me the number of a certified wild bird rehabilitator here in New Hampshire. Called them...left message. If they do not take the duck the VINS center said they would take the bird...so I guess we might have a nice trip to the raptor center this weekend!!

Thanks all for the comments!

OH MY GOSH...

I JUST FOUND 2 MORE in my BACKYARD!!

We searched the woods...nothing no mother...

I think the other 2 heard the lone one in the brooder and came looking for him. FAST buggers!!

Guess the VINS center is going to get 3 mouths to feed!
th.gif

Last edited:
There is prob more around . Iether somthing happened to mom OR somthing spooked her and she flew away . SHe prob wont come back . Keep looking there is prob more wood ducklings around

Found a total of 6 now...

Put the brooder with 3 babies outside with weighted screened lid and well....

THEY ARE COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK!!
barnie.gif

I smelled something BAD in the woods whilst chasing a wee one...I fear the worst. I'll not give up though...

We had a very windy WEEK...trees snapping and all. Probably were blown out...

Rehab said there could be as many as 11...the chick brooder out there will flush her out if she is still alive.

I'm TIRED!!
th.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom