Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I am so so glad we live on a mountain in TN. One of the local Sheriffs told us he never has to worry much about those of us here as what happens on the mountain stays on the mountain and is handled here. This is a short dead end road and everyone knows everyone, what cars you drive and who comes visit often.

Personally I would do what many of us here do as we have a trashy trailer park on the road. We have set up targets and practice frequently. Three of us have chickens, a couple have horses, goats and we also have donkeys, guineas and turkeys. This is probably the loudest place here - no one complains and many even come by to watch the critters. Gotta love normal neighbors.

I have neighbors from the hot place, myself. They are in a subdivision and I am not. He plants things along the fence and then gets mad if I trim what comes into my yard. A week ago he was photographing where I had just trimmed--muscadine grapevines, for Pete's sake!, in prep for a lawsuit (per another neighbor). I say, "Let him sue". I will admit to trimming, using roundup, whatever and then pay whatever fine the judge decides. And then I will come home and get some pigs. Word of advice: if possible, record any conversations, note on a calendar any interaction, take pictures and keep good records of date/time, if you need to say something to them put it in writing and mail w/ return receipt, keep excellent records. If you ever need to see them in court, the more evidence you have on your side the better.

You can trim back whatever encroaches on your property. I'd stay away from Roundup though since it would kill the base of the plant on his side.

Yes... You may trim whatever flora encroaches onto you property... Yet beware of recording conversations. In som sates (my Illinois is one) such activity may land you in legal trouble unless all parties consent to the recording. Photographs and silent motion pictures taken from your property or the public way are OK in nearly every state.

This an interesting thread...Maybe someone could call Judge Judy....Sure bet she would have some choice words for almost all of us commenting here from first post to the last....Wish I knew how to contact Original Crazy Lady to get her response...Bet that would be real....The poet William Wordsworth probably would not have written his poem about "Good Fences" making "Good Neighbors" if he had lived in the age of Jerry Springer and drama queens....Only now in the age of connectivity have humans been able to display their petty grievances for the whole community to see...The most striking thing about all of this is not that someone/both act this way but that so many people pretend to care.

....Only now in the age of connectivity have humans been able to display their petty grievances for the whole community to see

The most striking thing about all of this is not that someone/both act this way but that so many people pretend to care.
That's a little unfair. I notice you took the time to post your comment.

Last edited:
...The most striking thing about all of this is not that someone/both act this way but that so many people pretend to care.
......and some people sound off with irrelevant and mean spirited responses that don't bother take in the wide view....yep, the net can show you a whole cross section of society that you wouldn't normally be exposed to......pretty cool huh?!!?

Sorry
......and some people sound off with irrelevant and mean spirited responses that don't bother take in the wide view....yep, the net can show you a whole cross section of society that you wouldn't normally be exposed to......pretty cool huh?!!?
Sorry I offended...Was totally tongue in cheek and included myself and my posts too..Please forgive....Certainly no criticism of anyone..........God Bless everyone including the " Crazy Lady"....NOW THAT IS REALLY A MEAN SPIRITED TITLE used by almost everyone on this thread, if I ever saw one......I was only trying to add some humor....My original suggestion was to get a good lawyer and sue "Crazy Lady" to stop the nonsense....Glocks, nails in boards....Am I the only one responding who wonders who is really crazy here?......

I am sure the moderator will either delete my posts or shut the whole thread down soon...Just delete mine......I'm a little too direct and blunt for my own good sometimes......Thanks..

Well as for me, I sure hope the moderator doesn't delete the thread. I genuinely do care and im very interested in what the city does and what happens to Spock. I'd be devastated if I had to get rid of a bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom