Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I put up the game cam. Crazy Lady is determined to keep removing branches from her Arborvitae. DH says the more the better. Spock can’t be bothering her too much if she’s cutting down a sound barrier. DH and I put up the camera while being serenaded by Crazy Lady’s husband revving his chain saw on the other side of the fence like the psycho in the Texas Chain Saw Massacre. DH also put a ladder up and looked in between the fences just to make sure that no one had been going in there. Everything was fine.

I think the cutting of these branches is her trying to intimidate me again. Unfortunately it is making me uncomfortable. I hate to give in and plant some new trees but I just don’t know if I can handle her staring at me again. Her deck is on the other side of the trees and I can see her…but only parts of her and the poor dog. We’ll see how today goes…I have to plant my peas!

Close up of all the branches she has removed.

On the end of the rows are the two trees that she hasn't messed with. They are full and thick....all the ones in the middle are the ones they have cut holes in from top to bottom. They are getting thinner and thinner every day.

I think it would be wise to find your roosters a new home. Then if this obviously deranged person continues to harass you, you should call the law. It might be dangerous to live beside such a person.

The problem with getting rid of the roosters to appease the unpleasant neighbor (besides the basic one that she is legally permitted to have roosters) is there is no guarantee that that would resolve the situation. Next the nasty woman might want the ____ gone -- fill in the blank with creature of choice, goat, dog, hen, etc. then what. I don't think reasonable, rational, or kindness are in the neighbors vocabulary.

Last edited:
I think it would be wise to find your roosters a new home. Then if this obviously deranged person continues to harass you, you should call the law. It might be dangerous to live beside such a person.
You should read the whole thread....catch up to what's going on.

I have read the whole thread. While I absolutely do not condone what the crazy neighbor is doing, roosters can be quite annoying to nearby neighbors. For that reason, many municipalities allow only hens, which is what I have. I just think that removing the source of contention might solve the problem, which seems to be escalating.

I have read the whole thread. While I absolutely do not condone what the crazy neighbor is doing, roosters can be quite annoying to nearby neighbors. For that reason, many municipalities allow only hens, which is what I have. I just think that removing the source of contention might solve the problem, which seems to be escalating.
This is obviously about way more than a rooster or two.

I think TheSitcomGirls should write a children's book about the triumphs of Spock the friendly rooster overcoming the trials of an angry evil witch! The OP has such great, creative and captivating writing skills, and writing a kids book would not only give you an outlet, as I'm sure this post has been, but would help you feel better and give you quite a few laughs being able to write about Spocks trials and triumphs :)
I know I would buy your book, not only to read more from you, but to support you as well!
On a side note, I truly am sorry to hear things are still so frustrating for you for as long as it has been. Stay strong and know there are so many here on BYC that support you! :hugs

Perhaps a story of Spock trying to make it home or trying to find/make a good home for himself and an angry evil witch obstructing him from doing so at every step and him overcoming each tribulation presented. Then at the end, just to make you feel better, he melts the witches evil icy heart and becomes the hero and victor he really does deserve to be! It would be a nice story, to say the least.

:) Spock does have stories to tell! It could go so many different ways though. What about the ghost of Spock.... who haunts the farm forever and ever. Crowing outside Crazy Lady's window... But then I would have to write about Spock dying. :( I can't do that.... he's still here! My mother always wanted me to write made-up stories about animals. But I am stuck in real life. When something happens that's what makes me look inside my own head to find meaning. That's what gives me the inspiration to write something down. Plus... :) Knowing someone wants to read it!

Make sure you get an hour or two of video of her doing her shinanigans, over several days, with time stamp, so that if it indeed does go to court, or the town council, they can see what a nut she is, and that this is not about a rooster, this is about power. Her wanting to have power over and push people around that she has no right too. There is something seriously wrong with this lady, she has no love or forgiveness in her heart. It is sad. You wonder what happened to make her this way. Ask the dude who was over who heard the music if it came to it, would he be willing to testify or tell what happened when he was over.

I'd definitely plant some trees or bushes in front of your fence. lilacs grow pretty fast I think. It won't do anything for the noise, but it would grow higher than the fence to block her view. fertilize it like crazy to help it grow faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom