Neighbor problems

winstonsgrrrl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
I live on a corner lot on a busy street. We have a short driveway that fits one car. Our second car is parked in a gravel parking area along the side street right beside our house. There is a duplex behind us that has an entire parking lot on the opposite side from our house that the tenants can park in. One of the tenants insists on parking right in our gravel area. BF told him if he wants to park there, he can do so toward the back of the area, furthest from our driveway. He agreed, but has continued to park as close to our driveway as possible ever since. What should we do? Because this area is on the other side of the public sidewalk, we assume it's technically city property and not ours. Also, in the summer, we have an additional car. So we will need all of that parking space when we get it back out of storage. We're ready to scream!

Find out from your city if they issue parking permits.

When we lived in the city we had a single car driveway and we have 2 cars. well we went to the city and applied for a road parking permit. In essence this made the spot right in front of out house ours. If there was another car parked there when DH got home from work then he was out of luck for 3 hours. We have a 3 hour street parking by-law. so when he got home we called by-law and had them come mark the tirs and if after 3 hours the car was still there it was ticketed, and if it was a repeated offender it was towed. we paid I think it was $30 a months for that spot.

As it sits right now... it appears to be public property and he is just as entitled as you are to park there

i'd tell him his parking privileges are revoked. He continues have him tow'd.

call a tow truck?
idunno.gif
That should get the message across.

Is the parking lot your property? if not, then theres nothing you can do. You dont get dibs on it ..sorry.
If its YOUR property, then have his car towed..easy peasy....
big_smile.png

i know in our area you can have it so you would have to have a permit posted on/in your car and there would be a sign that says you need to have a permit to park there or get towed at your own expense!

tow truck owners love those! they usually watch stuff like that as if they were hawks on free ranging chickens!

Back
Top Bottom