Neighbor reported me to the city for having a "rooster" because one of my hens was very talkative yesterday...

Pics
We had a neighbor who put glass in hotdogs and threw them in our yard for our dog he didn’t like. (He just didn’t like dogs or children. He was that guy.) We called the police for that because we found the hotdogs before the dog did - thank goodness. A few weeks later, our dog went missing. We knew it was him somehow. Within a few weeks, the dog was found over an hour away. Thankfully a nice family found her and kept her healthy and safe for us. The neighbor bragged to another neighbor about doing it too. We contacted the police again, but with not much actual evidence, there’s little they will do.

Document everything. Keep a camera up. Good luck.
That is horrible 😢 & what an awful person to do such things!

I think I would give eggs packaged up pretty with a ribbon to my neighbours with a friendly message to say hello and here’s a gift from the hens. I would add that the girls may get a little excited now and again while getting used to their new surroundings or announce they laid an egg but rest assured there are no roosters and If they ever want to meet them let you know, etc.

I don’t like confrontation so go the opposite and be more friendly even though in my mind I’d be cursing their name hahaha!

I think I would give eggs packaged up pretty with a ribbon to my neighbours with a friendly message to say hello and here’s a gift from the hens. I would add that the girls may get a little excited now and again while getting used to their new surroundings or announce they laid an egg but rest assured there are no roosters and If they ever want to meet them let you know, etc.

I don’t like confrontation so go the opposite and be more friendly even though in my mind I’d be cursing their name hahaha!
BEST answer! And that's coming from the lady known as "The Egg Lady" in my neck of the woods. (Went to vote in the primary last month, and walk in the door, and ALL of the ladies there manning the voting station, announced my entrance: 'The EGG Lady!' Hubby was behind me, laughing, but loving the recognition.)

First, I do wish people would stop using the name Karen like that. It's so sad. I know so many kind and struggling/disabled older women named Karen -- you'd have to, it used to be one of the most common names around -- and they've dealt with so much hardship and given so much to others, and suddenly their name is synonymous with "horrible selfish entitled person". And there's nothing they can do about it. I wish people would think about how rough life has been on a lot of older women, and just think about one you know who isn't rich, just gets by, is always helping her kids and other people, doesn't complain, doesn't ask for help, just tries to stay cheerful, has always worked, and imagine how it would be if that sweet person you know had to put up with this new abuse all the time randomly. It must hurt. Maybe find another way of describing entitled people who make other people's lives hell.

Second, if you can find the neighbor who complained, maybe talk with them about what the problem was. It could've just been a bad day, some major stress, who knows. If they're awful, well, you tried. But maybe things will just calm down.
I can't speak for all Karen's everywhere but it's water off the back for me. Yeah it's been kind of a downer, but I can at least separate a blanket insult from a personally targeted insult.
Think of it this way, it has been happening to different names for ages.
Negative Nancy. Debbie Downer. Dick. Now I know how men named Dick must feel. (My sweet, gentle and quiet ol grandpa goes by Dick).
Hey maybe I have a skewed view of things, if I was born a boy I would have been named Forrest. The movie Forrest Gump came out four years after I was born. Could you imagine your entire public school existence being told "Run, Forrest, run!!"
Dodged a bullet there... haha

I can't speak for all Karen's everywhere but it's water off the back for me. Yeah it's been kind of a downer, but I can at least separate a blanket insult from a personally targeted insult.
Think of it this way, it has been happening to different names for ages.
Negative Nancy. Debbie Downer. Dick. Now I know how men named Dick must feel. (My sweet, gentle and quiet ol grandpa goes by Dick).
Hey maybe I have a skewed view of things, if I was born a boy I would have been named Forrest. The movie Forrest Gump came out four years after I was born. Could you imagine your entire public school existence being told "Run, Forrest, run!!"
Dodged a bullet there... haha
Or 'Help Me, Rhonda'! My nemesis for 50+ years, since the Beach Boys came out with their song in 1965. I was born in 1957. Anyone who finds out my name, wants to sing the song to me. I just grimace and bear it.

Or 'Help Me, Rhonda'! My nemesis for 50+ years, since the Beach Boys came out with their song in 1965. I was born in 1957. Anyone who finds out my name, wants to sing the song to me. I just grimace and bear it.
Oooh, yeah my sis in law is named Angie so she hears a few songs with her name too. And my aunt Marsha
"Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!"

Back
Top Bottom