Neighborhood association is anti-chicken; neighbors are pro-chicken

Just one of MANY reasons why I live in the country! I can't stand the thought that some one can tell me what color to paint my house, what plants I can have on my porch ?!?(I mean...REALLY?), where I can park my truck, and any number of other asinine rules that I have heard about in HOA regulations. I will NEVER live that way!

You should see the way someone painted a BIG building near me. I am not even sure if it's a single house residence -- looks more like a multi-unit two story building. (I haven't gone around to the front to look at entries.)

The thing is ORANGE. I don't mean a dull orange. I don't mean peach. I mean the color of orange traffic cones, or perhaps even a bit brighter. It's always a bit of a shock to go around that corner.

Some neighbors must have really hacked them off.

Personally, that particular color MIGHT bother me a bit. I wouldn't fight it though. Ahem. They might find some paint sample cards from Lowes on their doorstep though, from time to time.

Quote:
I know what you mean! I have a big dog -- a lab. When she barks, it's LOUD. Yet, if she's inside, you can barely hear her outside. If she's in the bathroom while barking you cannot hear her AT ALL.

I have no clue what they did to insulate the main floors of this house. There is bat insulation up in the attic, and blown in insulation over the addition. I have a concrete basement. I have awesome double pane windows (except one room). I have no idea what's in the walls, though.

I would love to live in a neighborhood where all the houses were bright, obnoxious colors!!! But I don't. So all my curtains are tie-dyed the bright obnoxious colors I love to see!

Back
Top Bottom