Neighbors Chickens...grrrr

Wow thanks for all of the suggestions! I think the obvious first mode of action is to have the man of the house speak to said neighbor next time they run into each other. I think I'd make it sound like they're putting THEIR chickens in danger of our dogs (which is a lie...we have two 9 year old pugs LOL) or something else on our property (me perhaps?) and tell them we'd really like if they kept their chickens penned up. It's just really frustrating because they wander down to the chicken run and can't defend their territory.

I would be uncomfortable just taking them to the shelter because it would be kind of obvious who did it and I REALLY don't want to cause any trouble with this guy. Plus it looks like they are taken care of well because they have a nice coop and a big covered run, but it's just dirt now so the fence is peeled back a bit. The other problem is that they're property isn't landscaped and that's why the chickens come over here, haha.

I do like the fencing idea! I think I'll try the green field fencing for now and see how it goes. I'd think that if it was the same color as the greenery it would confuse them enough to keep them from jumping over...but we'll see. Plus the previous home owner left quite a few of those green metal posts so that would definitely cut down on cost.

As a side note, is it a big possibility that if we did free range our girls that they would be lured away by the rooster over there? Right now I let them out every once in awhile an hour before dark and they stay in the grassy area and haven't wandered into the foresty area yet

dont think being lured away is a problem its not like yours have encouraged you neibours chickens to your land they just wander through. i would be more inclined to secure my garden against my chickens getting off my property if i was going to free range. problem solved both ways, theres cant get in yours cant get out

Back
Top Bottom