Neighbors' dog attacked my chickens!!!

jlee8605

Hatching
Oct 25, 2015
maryland
Yesterday, my 15 chickens were dead by neighbors' two dogs. The two dogs break into our own property and kill all our lovely

chickens. Therefore, just three (1 rooster and 3 hens) of 18 chickens are alive, 15 chickens are all dead.

I am so angry, because they were such as our family. My father raised them until they were chicks, we bought it from tractor supply

on March 2015. Nowadays, they gave us fresh brown eggs, which are 13-16 fresh eggs per every day even I sold the eggs. ( 5

dollars per dozen which is local cost.)

I need some advice because it is my first time experience and first time raising chickens.

We had 18 total chickens such as pet. 2 roosters and 16 hens. (all of them are raising for 7 months when they were baby chicks)

I could not overlook it because it hurts my fathers heart and labors.

What it the best compensation from them? Please give me some advice if you have some similar situation!!

Thank you!
James Lee.

What is the average price for a 7 month old laying pullet where you live? Around this part of GA they run $15 - $20 for a layer that age. Your area may be higher.

I would base the price on that. If possible take the money and BUY FENCING so you can build them a large/safe pen. You can get t-posts and welded wire (just slam the posts into the ground and wire the fence to it) and create a very large area for $300 or so if you do the work yourself.

So sorry to hear this, that is heartbreaking after raising them, especially since they were all laying eggs. Without fencing it will likely happen again.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss..around here a 7 month pullet should fetch 20 each..
I hope you get at least that..
Good advice on spending extra money on good fencing. . May help for next time.
I hope your neighbors are helpful and pay you.. after all you didn't just lose chickens. .probably your pen got tore up some too. .
Things like this really happens alot.. alot neighbors don't pay .or say they can't pay.. which makes it worse. ..

Back
Top Bottom