Neighbor's dog

Next time call and have a baseball bat ready for the guy.
somad.gif
Lets see how he likes getting beat!!! I would have called the neighbor back and told her what her husband did. Those people should not own animals.

That must have been tough to watch. I don't see how it could help.Dog needs training and restraint. He keeps beating it like that it won't want to even go home. Hopefully the dog will find his way into a better home! If the guy beats him for this he probably does it for every other little annoying thing a dog will sometimes do.Poor thing.

Yeah really it all happened so fast and I was in such disbelief I really didn't have time to react - hindsight being 20/20, there are so many things I probably coulda/shoulda done. If he comes back up here to my house there's no way I'm calling them back again. Dog is finding somebody else to slobber all over.

Animal control is - um- not so good around here. We ended up with an 'animal control refugee' once that they couldn't catch. It was apparently hiding under my deck. We kept him. He was smartest dog ever - would go down to the mailbox, open it with his mouth and GET THE MAIL. And hid really good from Animal Control. ha

Most horrible thing I ever witnessed was something like yours. While visiting a friend, she noticed two strange dogs that had that 'I am lost' look. They were small dogs, 10lb fluffy things. We went our with some treats and leashes to try and coax them out of the street and to check for identification. Just as the dogs came up to us, a man in a golf cart came careening towards us. He shoved us aside and grabbed both dogs. Before we could do anything, he threw them like one would through a baseball and did it as hard as he could, into the bed of his golf cart. God, the sound of their bodies hitting the metal was awful. We tried to stop him from driving off, to get information, but he zoomed off. My friend jumped in her car and followed him. Got his home address and sent animal control over. His excuse: they got out and he was afraid for them. Yea, no wonder they took off. I don't think the dogs were taken away because they were lucky enough to not have any broken bones from getting hurled like that.

I suggest you make that dog disappear if he comes back. If you keep him as a pet, the man would likely just take him back. But if you give him to a humane society that is faaaaaaaaaaar away, then he'll have a good shot at getting a home with someone sane.

OMG!! I'm sure you were in shock and wouldn't have even called him if you knew that dogs fate!

Me, I'd have not let him near the dog if I knew his intention with that stick. ... matter of fact, I would have held him in a rather forceful manner, for the police to show up... you don't beat a dog in my presence, and in my yard, EVER!! I don't think I could ever associate with ....well, I know I could never associate with a neighbor that did something to a dog. (cause I had one that did, and I never even looked at them, for 13 years, till they moved!). Please, if the dog ever comes back, find him a new home!!

When I was in college my girlfriend and I were walking our dogs together, a big sweet old lab, came from a mans yard no barking, not being aggressive, just excited to see us and our dogs! She didn't even go over her yard just stopped and we went up to her. Well this older gentlemen came out yelling, swearing, and had a beer in his hand. The dog looked back and started to shake and shiver and get down as far as possible to the ground.

The man came up to us and started swearing about how dumb his dog was and he was sorry and THEN he began to hit and kick the dog right infront of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know where I got the balls ( I was only 19 at the time) I started yelling at the man, telling him I was calling animal control (luckily where I was at college a bigger city they had a great great animal control) He ignored me and continued to kick this very old dog up the yard as it was howling. Well I called animal control, they took all 3 of his dogs from him. I guess the 2 in the back were m her 2 of her offspring and were very skinny and ill
sad.png

Well all 3 dogs got great homes, the 2 black labs my mom and dad actually adopted and I adopted the old yellow lab!!!!!! I named her Hope. She had been over bred a lot! And was very ill when I got her, vet thought she was about 11 years old!

She passed away 3 years later, but she was the sweetest most gentle dog I have ever had. Just wish I could have saved her much earlier! She deserved so much more then that NASTY man gave her! I am so glad she had at least a healthy happy end of her life. The 2 black labs are still alive they were only young pups about 2 years old the vet thought. They are just like there mom was just big old softies!

It still just haunts me to this day the way someone can treat such a loyal loving animal!

Back
Top Bottom