Neighbor's dog

stilldeb

Songster
9 Years
May 28, 2010
NW Kentucky
We had seen an unfamiliar dog around out in the field a few times, figured the neighbors got a dog. I had been wary of it, only seen it a couple of times, but kept an eye out for it. So today it was IN my yard. I went out there, and got ahold of it - it's a big gangly, goofy pup, like part GSD, and all legs and tongue. And it honestly never gave my chickens a second look, but was very playful and all over us.

So I called down the road and asked if it was theirs and she said that yes, the grandkids wanted them to keep it around, and she would send her husband down to get him. Herman comes down with the truck, gets out and I'm smiling and greeting him and he comes out with a stick, and by stick I mean like the handle of a small hoe...and I was horrified and said, "Herman you are not going to hit that dog!"...and he said yes I am...and oh yes he did. My son's girlfriend was out in the yard with me, we had just been sitting there with the dog waiting for him to come and get him, and she ran in the house. I never would have called him if I thought he would come down here with a stick and BEAT the poor thing. OMG I am still horrified. He thinks that will make the dog want to stay home. I certainly wouldn't want to stay anywhere with someone who beat me with a hoe handle. Good God, what's wrong with people?

Some people just have no empathy for other living things. He might have been
doing that as an act of aggression against you for bothering him about his dog.
Whip out your cell phone and start filming next time someone acts up and watch
how fast they stop.

Quote:
Answer: history and ignorance. They've been treating dogs like this for a long time and no reason to stop now, after all it worked on my dog as a puppy right? Oh and don't forget the willful ignorance of such folks, try and give them a better, more effective way of doing something and they will almost literally beat the animal more because you told them the opposite.
he.gif

Quote:
X2

Holy chicken poop, I used to say "get back here or im guna get you, and when I do you'll be sorry dog!!!" but never in my life would I ever dream of actually beating my dog!!! Maybe squirt him with a water bottle but holy Jesus the poor thing!
sad.png

I would kindly let animal control know what happened, because that's not right even for a heavy handed training method, thats just wrong!!
You cant just beat a dog and expect it to be trained
sad.png

I would not waste your time with animal control. I would re home the pup if it does show up again. You call animal control and if they don't take the pup you may just give the man a reason to shoot the dog. sounds like the kind of person who would shoot the dog out of spite.

After reading this I got this sick feeling. What a horrible person, people like that do not deserve the love that, that poor dog could give them.
Next time don't call. Find him a home. And I hope the next time you see the pup is soon!
Thanks for caring!

& theres that nauseous feeling I get every time I hear something like this. Personally I, the tiny but mighty 5'3 girl, would have knocked the jerk on his rear (yes it can be done), & told him either I call animal control on him or he lets me take the dog. Please PLEASE if the dog comes back either keep him or rehome him. No wonder he is running off. No sentient creature deserves this!!! If you would like to give it a shot call the wife, & ask if she knows that her husband is literally beating the poor dog. Whatever you do whether its personal or animal control related GET THE DOG AWAY FROM HIM!!! If I was closer the poor thing would "disappear" right into either my home or the home of someone who would treat him right.

Back
Top Bottom