Neighbors dogs in coop. UPDATE! 2nd time. 911/charges/court today

Quote:
Yes well, I grew up in Philadelphia. A block over there is much different than a block over here!
ep.gif
So I went to the stop sign and turned right, I didn't know already that I had walked one mile. I thought if I go to the next stop sign then I have to finish and go the whole way.
woot.gif
I ran into another neighber driving by who mentioned I was a long way from home....That was my first clue. Then my Basset dropping to the ground and I had to talk her the rest of the way home.
hit.gif
That was my second clue. Poor thing! She slept the rest of that day. Then I realized that I had been walking for two hours! Third clue. Today I got in my car and drove around the block. The mileage said 4 miles right on the dot! I just might try that again after I recover!
wink.png

Send the dog owner a demand letter. State the damages in the letter and a date that you want it paid by. Tell him that you will persue legal action if payment is not made. There is an example of a demand letter on my page. He has no idea that you don't have the filing fee. You might get lucky.

Quote:
Neighbor that owes me $3500 took a chance. Still owed $3500 because this stupid county (even after issuing him a citation for what he did) won't come off the $600 filing fee. Since owing me the money I've seen 4 new Jet Ski's, 2 new Harleys, and new RV in his driveway.
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

I'm sorry for your losses. something like this happened to me too, just with in the family.
Around here if a dog hurts a animal it is put in a lot with a electric fencing.(be as we see it it kills a animal it can attack a human and hurt someone)
We had one dog that killed some chickens we had when i was little he was put behind the fence or what i called doggy jail. He pasted away a long time ago but his brother was still alive. Well this year i decided i wanted chickens again and we took part of the one dogs lot (it is huge) because he was always a good dog and is old and can barely walk and only has three teeth. Well, my little roo decided he wanted to see the dog and flew over and was attacked, lucky he had the brains to play dead and was not killed, tho i think the not having lots of teeth and i think he was playing had something to do with it. But due to that the electric fence is back on and deer netting over the top of the chickens run. (mainly cause the dog is so old and it's his first time, and he didn't kill the roo.) But we don't blame the dogs, they're still animals and heck their destaint relatives are wolves.
We now keep herding dogs (sheltie's), they don't hunt or kill. plus they help you get the chicken in the coop if needed.
Anyway, sorry got of track.
Your neighbor is a bad owner, please don't blame the dogs. I understand your view you lost your chickens twice! But the dogs don't understand, their just following instinct.

Quote:
Neighbor that owes me $3500 took a chance. Still owed $3500 because this stupid county (even after issuing him a citation for what he did) won't come off the $600 filing fee. Since owing me the money I've seen 4 new Jet Ski's, 2 new Harleys, and new RV in his driveway.
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

Around here, small claims court has some pretty cheap filing fees. It worked well for us. It's also a myth that collecting a judgement is difficult. There are options if your tenacious.

So sorry that happened..neighbors sure ruin a good neighborhood, huh?
smile.png
We have found a solution to dogs in our yard..we let ours out. They pretty well take care of things but across the street they have 2 slow learners. I caught their retriever killing chickens and attacking my goat (boy was he sorry), so I told them politely that if I caught them in the yard again they would be shot and returned. If they didn't care enough to take care of their animals, we would solve it for them. Dogs do horrendous damage because they like to chase and kill, not eat. Also, you might want to trim the outside corners where the metal comes together. I have seen several dogs get hold of an edge and pull..we had to redo our coop for that reason.

Quote:
big_smile.png
THANKS!! I copied your letter and the names will be different but the subject is perfect. I will show it to DH when I see him later!

Hope it works for you, but if it doesn't file it. You can list the filing fee and summons cost in the suit. you will get it back.
See if you can get on the People's Court or judge Judy. Both those ladies have NO sympathy for dog owners who do not control their animals.

Back
Top Bottom