gig.gif
.......... Thank you
big_smile.png
tongue.png
let me know how it works
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I dunno, I don't want to make it a police issue, unless he was vandalizing my property...

I just want to be nasty enough to where he KNOWS he's not welcome on my land... Barbed wire and nails threw a buried board sounds like a plan. I don't have any dirt bikes or quads here yet, so that's no biggie for me.

it will be a police issue if he gets hurt on your property unfortunately. he can EVEN if he trespasses turn the issue on you. even if posted. check with the authorities.

if you make a report, then it is on paper BEFORE something happens, especially if the person is a minor. can you just go to their house and make it very clear it better not happen again?
what about flyers on all the neighbors mailboxes letting them know this is happening and you would like it to stop?

also, the plan of barbs and nails could backfire if someone else were to get hurt on them.

just playing the opposite advocate...

No I'm not the only one with this issue. The old man across the street has to scream at the local kids on quads to stay out of his apple orchard at least 4 times a week. Talking to their parents is like talking to a wall. For every one car that passes our house, 4 quads and 2 dirtbikes pass.

Maybe I'll sit out with a paintball gun instead. A shot in the a$$ with one of those will surely be remembered.

I agree you need to make it a police issue.

You do not want to be sued because some stupid kid got hurt on your property or because you shot them with a paintball. It sounds silly, but it happens.

Make it a police issue and then the parents will start to mind their children.

-Kim

Bite the bullet and fence the property. Unfortunately, city people that move to the country view all property except thier own as parkland.

Actually, in some countries you cannot keep them off of your property. They can roam at will. I couldn't believe it myself!

Anyway, a fence is a good defense against a law suit. Don't put traps for traspassers, that is illegal.

Rufus

When I trail-ride, I look for roads like that, so I understand the appeal. But I never go anywhere that's posted "no trespassing!" Some people.

What about a really specific sign? Like, "NO DIRTBIKES OR ATVS?"

Back
Top Bottom