Neighbors... Help

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
We've got a little over 3 acres here and there's a logging road down the side of it. It's not an access road and no one has a right to it, besides us. It continues down to the back of the property into either state game lands or someone's adjoining property...

This evening is the second time I've caught a man on a dirtbike on MY property. I've put logs in the road, piled a good 4 ft high, but they're moving some and going OVER them. They also made a side road around them...

What should I do? I'm not fencing 3 acres and I don't have time to sit around with a gun.
lol.png

Any ideas? Oh and he knows I see him, because as soon as he sees me, he turns around and leaves.
roll.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway you can put up two posts either side of the road and a chain across them along with the logs and other things that will block them or stop them...like a spike strip?
lol.png

My sister was having the same problem on their property with an old logging road and it adjoining someone else's property. They finally posted a 2 ft x 2 ft PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO TRESPASSING - VIOLATORS PROSECUTED sign. If you do that, then you will have every right to call the police and press charges. The sign is there and it has given them their warning.
wink.png

Our property line IS posted... Though I think I might put barbed wire across the logging road...
lol.png
I can't dig a pit like Panner, I have no idea where my cesspool is. LOL!

I would suggest the posts with a chain across the road with a No Trespassing Sign.

Possible problem is that the Trespasser would drive on your lawn to get down the road.

I would also contact the local sheriff and verify what else can be done. Maybe they have had other complaints about the dirt bike rider(s).

Good Luck, I hope you find a solution.

You could put thumb tacks on the the road
tongue.png
OR get a thin piece of would, put nails in it, then put the sharp end of the nails facing upward while the wood is buried in the ground
smile.png

Last edited:
can you follow him in your vehicle? what about snapping some photos? video? make some reports with authorities. call EVERY time. eventually the police will respond. talk to the ordinance enforcement also...this works well. not always a police issue, especially if you are in a township.

sorry for your trouble. it is amazing how this is typical. we are rural and deal with it here.

my family gets this all the time at our 'up north' property; the locals feel they have the right to our 13 acres. they even dump trash in the pond.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom