Neighbors keep asking for money !!** UPDATE LOL **

no she is not s single mom - her DH works about as many days a week mine does !! and DH thinks he saw her working at a gas station awhile back when we were still doing the paper route we had - but I have not seen her going to work or anything - so he thinks now he might have been mistaken?!

I am going to say something to her today if she happens to be outside when I am - I am trying to be friendly and nice about this whole mess.

Having her do some work around here would be awesome since my DH is pulling an extra 1/2 hour at work everyday - I could use the extra pair of hands, but have a feeling she will say no thanks !!

Julie

You know that's a good point. You may want to make sure the kids didn't do this on their own.
My son who is now 42! went around with a friend at 8 collecting for a "charity"! Of course the charity was the 2 boys!! I made them go around and return all the money.

Jacie

I have the feeling, Brenda, that she not only wouldn't do the work, but would feel that since Julie was going to pay her for it that she'd want the $$ and then flake on her.

Hope, I think that she'd eventually want more and more...

Looking for the car in the drive way is even worse and then saying "My kids needed a ride".

I would hang up a no soliciting sign, a no trespassing sign and a protected by Smith and Wesson sign...

But I'm mean.

I know I'm cynical and crabby today due to the weather, but I guarantee that this woman is already accessing every type of state and federal assistance she can possibly qualify for, and still feels that she should be helped out by you. I see it time and time and time again in my job. She'll be teaching her children to expect the same from the system and it will start all over again. Sigh.

I have to just add here, and maybe it is just me, but I would die before I ever asked a neighbor for money - I don't borrow from friends, so I certainly wouldn't from a neighbor. What sort of person would even think that was OK?

Last edited:
I really think that this calls for "tough love".

Having her work for you is just letting her onto your territory... then you'll have the kids over and can you really watch all of them at once as they roam about?

What about when they ask (or maybe not ask) to go to the bathroom cause your's is closer?

The type of people that they have shown themselves to be is not the type I would ever let on my land and especially not in my house.

They are leaches and would never stop at your doorstep in my oppinion...but then I'm a tuff old hen that has been there and back!!
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Julie, I think the next time the children cam over and asked for ANYTHING I would just say NO. that is one word that most people really don't like to say, and like someone in this thread said make a list of state agency that help people and the next time any of them came over, give it to them, then if it happened again I think I would call child services hot line and report her, you don't know what is going on over there. Buy your flowers. chicks or whatever and enjoy them its your life and life is short. marrie

Owned by 13RIR 1 Pitt bull, 1 poodle mix,1 yorkie,and 1 crabby gray cat

everyone here knows that I raise boxers and that I have a rather large male in the backyard - and even though my boy is as sweet as they come I am going to hang a beware of dog sign on the front door - but DH is afraid that will scare off people who might be wanting to buy some eggs or give the wrong idea that our dogs are aggressive.

we are in the process of fencing off the front yard so I will be getting a few signs to hang on the gate - I hate to do that and give people the impression that we are rude, or mean neighbors are anything like that but I also dont have a sign hanging over my door that reads LOCAL ATM.

julie

How about decorating the fence with some lovely barbed wire?
wink.png
My husband had to plead with me not to do that with our previous home's fence/gate. It is amazing that a fence and a gate do not deter people anymore from helping themselves to whatever is inside them.

My advice-been there. Go right to your phone book and call Social Services. Do NOT feel guilty.
If they really need money they'll get it. If they are being obnoxious, this will get them to go away. Some people make this a way of life.
Signed
Softy taken for allot of bucks

Back
Top Bottom