Neighbor's roaming dogs?

You haven't said whether or not that you have a fence around your property.
If you don't then plan for one immediately.

Time to break out the Red Ryder BB gun and look into fencing but trench the wire into the ground or lay about 18" outward from the bottom of the fenceline to stop them from simply digging under it.

Quote:
We use an airsoft rifle to run hunting dogs off because it just stings and doesn't cause damage, but if one hurts our livestock, my husband will likely take the shotgun instead. We're rural and we don't mind the responsible hunters, but there are some that shouldn't be up here in the first place and they starve their dogs in the season. They don't bother picking their dogs up and the little buggers tend to end up over here frequently, but the roaming laws in VA prohibit it and it's these jerks that are going to have VA passing a law that people can't hunt with dogs at all. It irks the hell out of me, especially if we ever have to kill one of their dogs, because it wasn't the dog's fault.

I can't stand to live in suburbia for just this sort of thing. When you live in the general vicinity of other people, you have to be respectful of each others' space. It's just rude to let your critters run free and be a bother and it's really just asking for trouble.

we live in the sticks. around here you get one chance. you are told to control your dog, then out come the guns. most of us here in the holler have livestock,and we protect it.

Back
Top Bottom