Neighbors rooster!!! what should I do?

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
My flock of 6 hens have been in complete anarchy since Humper, my rooster died in the winter. For the passed copuple of weeks, our neighbors barred rock rooster has been coming down to vist which wasn't a problem. Now he is down here everyday, eating my hens food and water, and even worse LIVING IN MY COOP. I don't know what to do they have 3 or 4 roosters and they dont really care about their rosoters as the freerange. I don't want to make a big deal about it with the roosters, but what do I do?

I actually don't mind him at all, more the idea of him. THe only thing is I have an order of chicks coming at the end of april and eventualy, hopefully, I will have a PR rooster
smile.png

Thanks for the advice!
smile.png

If he has rearranged the social order to amore acceptable level, why not just let him stay? Any conditions he may be carrying he has already exposed your hens to. To "get rid of" him now would be like closing the barn door after the horse got out.

Last edited:
Right, I only want him gone once my roosters grow up. He is not far from the neighbors and wasnt in the coop tonight when i locked them up.

Only thing is, if they see him in your coop and you haven't said anything to them they may think you are trying to steal him. I would at least ask them

Back
Top Bottom