Neighbours cat

Quote:
This is Iowa.. even if you live in town you have the right to discharge a firearm in side the city limits if you are protecting your livestock (includes chickens) Guns in Iowa are part of life.. everyone has them and every kid over 5yrs knows how to use them.

Quote:
really?
gee
i wish i lived where ur from.

in aus a gun is illegal.....unless registered for hunting.

and we have strict animal cruelty laws...perhaps more strict than usa?

of course it's for hunting : cat hunting

I have become the same way. I'm LITERALLY tired of staying up all night chasing the neighbors animals out of my backyard. First time is a warning ("Your cat is in my backyard attacking my pets, please deal with it before I do"). After that, it's trap time. When I trap a neighbors cat, I will take it to another town's SPCA or just "relocate" it myself. Could be worse, I could drown it in my pool or just shoot it..but I don't blame the cat. it's only doing what comes natural : i blame the lazy, inconsiderate neighbor..but I can't shoot them.

Speaking of pools and cats : the other night I get home from work, and I leisurely walk to the back door to check on the chickens. I see the neighbors "new" cat trying to get it's head into the cochins' cage. I picked up my paintball gun, opened the backdoor and proceeded to chase it while firing upwards of 10 rounds a second (my paintgun is capable of 20+ balls a second fully auto). The cat disappears into the back corner of my backyard, but gets cornered, and has to run right back past me. It runs toward the front of the house, but he couldn't find a way out, so he had to run right past me again. In his panic, the cat runs RIGHT into the middle of the pool! Three seconds later he's draggin' his wet rear out and quickly dove under the backfence. lol. The things i do for my feathery flock.

Quote:
ep.gif
better toss all my cat toys
idunno.gif

Cats love catnip, although it's in the same family of mint, but peppermint oil is what they don't like. it smells totally different.

My situation is ridiculous. we have tons of cats in the neighborhood, none of whom bother the chickens at all except- guess who?- my very own. i think he knows that i'm not going to shoot him, so he feels secure to torment the poor girls. i'm going to try the peppermint oil, but i have my doubts that it will overcome his predator instinct. my only other idea is to keep him inside during the day while the chickens are out and then let him out at night when they're safely tucked in. he even grew up with them since he was a kitten. it's sickening.

Quote:
really?
gee
i wish i lived where ur from.

in aus a gun is illegal.....unless registered for hunting.

and we have strict animal cruelty laws...perhaps more strict than usa?

of course it's for hunting : cat hunting

I have become the same way. I'm LITERALLY tired of staying up all night chasing the neighbors animals out of my backyard. First time is a warning ("Your cat is in my backyard attacking my pets, please deal with it before I do"). After that, it's trap time. When I trap a neighbors cat, I will take it to another town's SPCA or just "relocate" it myself. Could be worse, I could drown it in my pool or just shoot it..but I don't blame the cat. it's only doing what comes natural : i blame the lazy, inconsiderate neighbor..but I can't shoot them.

Speaking of pools and cats : the other night I get home from work, and I leisurely walk to the back door to check on the chickens. I see the neighbors "new" cat trying to get it's head into the cochins' cage. I picked up my paintball gun, opened the backdoor and proceeded to chase it while firing upwards of 10 rounds a second (my paintgun is capable of 20+ balls a second fully auto). The cat disappears into the back corner of my backyard, but gets cornered, and has to run right back past me. It runs toward the front of the house, but he couldn't find a way out, so he had to run right past me again. In his panic, the cat runs RIGHT into the middle of the pool! Three seconds later he's draggin' his wet rear out and quickly dove under the backfence. lol. The things i do for my feathery flock.

ur CRAZY!!! hehe
welll i heard those humanitarian traps only work a few times as other cats witness the trapped cat and quickly learn not to trust it.

My hens must have extra testosterone. I have to protect the cats (ferals and strays) from them. There not very afraid of the raccons, opossums, or the bald eagle either. Maybe they're just dumb?

The cats where I live haven't attempted to hunt my chickens since I got my hen turkey.She likes to protect the flock,including my white leghorn rooster she grew up with(Who's large enough to care for himself).She tries to run the neighbor's dog off too.My cat doesn't mess with my chickens,so far.My monstous Rhode island red rooster keep our cat in check.He sometimes goes to the cat's food dish and tries to feed the cat.
frow.gif

You could get a rooster and have him castrated . Get one that gets big. This stops them from crowing. We lucked out and our rooster couldn't crow. You can also get these water sprayers that when a cat goes by it, it will gets sprayed, they have a sensor on them. They work.

Back
Top Bottom