Neighbour's kids frightening my chooks

Yeah. Knife him. I love it. I dont get the "we were kids too" though. Yeah everyone was a kid at one time. It is impossible not to have been. But I never abused animals. I never let my son abuse animals. I also never throwed a fit in the store or bullied or was stupid enough to think if I shot someone they would come back to life like the video game. It is an excuse. So when you grow up you still got excuses. Over 18...yeah but he is still a kid. 25 and up they are still kids and too young to know what life is about. 30 He still has so much to learn. 40 It is mid life crisis time and 50 and up you can just pretend like you dont remember. People need to take responsibility for themselves and quit being selfish jerks regardless of their age.

I digress. Great idea. Flatten them so you can fit more in the garage. LOL

Thanks everyone, I am gonna start keeping the balls and will consider disposing of them if I collect more that a couple. I hate the whole..."but they are just kids" excuse, seriously I was never that annoying when I was young, my parents taught me to respect other people's property. I will give the family one more chance, after that the balls will be slashed or covered in sticky chicken poo if I give them back. I hate people that thinks because my girls are chickens that they are not worth as much a dog or cat. Thanks for all your feedback and ideas, they have given me a lot of confident to face my neighbour. I hate confrontation because I get really emotional and upset.

Good for you. I know what you mean about not caring about chickens. They are a life and they love. I look in my chickens and see their zest for life and the way they worry about one who gets away from the flock. I mean around the corner and they all run and call til she can catch up. I see that as love. I see the way they love each other and that is why I love them. I need no other reason. I recently lost one of my Silkies. I posted the story if interested. I cried and cried. Then I cried again when I seen her mate looking and calling. He has been attacking others not bad just like he is annoyed. I know he misses her. I feel like crying just thinking about her.

What about using a game camera to take pictures of what is going on? The pictures could help when you are talking to the families. Good luck.

hcurrie 7 I am so sorry to hear of your lost :( I know exactly how you feel, I have also lost 2 chickens to predation. How did you lose her? I cried for a full day after mine died...and I only had them for like 3 months. Even my bestfriends thought it was weird that I could get so upset over a "couple of chickens"...because "don't you eat chicken?" lol...Didn't think I can get so attached to a couple of chooks that has only been with me for a few months. They were so sweet, I love them.

Janet, I have security cameras around my property, I know for a fact that they throw their balls over, their parents also know we have cameras. I have used our security cameras to help out the neighbor on more than one occasion (my next door neighbor was robbed twice) and they are very visible. As I said, the parents are normally really nice, but like many parents they just can't see the fact that their child can be little monsters. I don't want to pull out the 'I have them on camera doing it' card until it's absolutely necessary. As I said, I wanna keep the peace. Well since we spoke to them a couple of days ago I have not seen any more random stuff in my yard. Hopefully this will continue for many more years to come.

Wow...I didn't realize they were throwing them AT the birds...I just thought the kids were playing and an occasional ball was ending up in your yard. If they're throwing them AT your birds, that's an entirely different situation. I like the camera idea...

I had a similar problem with the kids next door until they ran out of balls. I kept them all. Still have them as i view them as free dog toys.

Post a sign directly to them and hand it up high. say you have been warned, do it again I will take discipline action.

Back
Top Bottom