Neosporin Alternative - UK (Not Emergency, Just Research!)

HollyWoozle

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 12, 2018
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Any thoughts or ideas on what we could use in place of Neosporin here in the UK please? I do have some triple antibiotic ointment at the mo (different brand) but you can't buy it here in the UK and I am not sure of the best replacement when it runs out. You can get some antiseptic type creams for people (like Savlon and Germolene) but most of them have pain relief in or things that I'm not sure are safe for chickens. People love Sudocrem here for anything and everything as well.

We do have access to various ointments for pet use such as 'silver ointment', Dermisol, Filtabac, Beaphar wound ointment and some powders, but I always see Neosporin mentioned here as the 'go to' for wounds and I like to be prepared! I already have most of these as we also have horses and cats.

Thanks! :)

Iodine mixed with petroleum jelly can also work. The brown coloring may even help hide blood.
Betadine (povidone iodine) comes in an ointment with a petrolatum base. A friend who has practiced dematology and surgery for over 50 years always uses vitamin A and D ointment that also has a petrolatum base, for post operative skin care.

Prop toes sulfur salve.4 oz of melted vaseline 1 tso of flowers of sulfur.good for wounds and vent paste for lice eggs.However I have use powder tobacco snuff 1 tsp to 4 oz of vaseline for vent paste worked great

Any thoughts or ideas on what we could use in place of Neosporin here in the UK please? I do have some triple antibiotic ointment at the mo (different brand) but you can't buy it here in the UK and I am not sure of the best replacement when it runs out. You can get some antiseptic type creams for people (like Savlon and Germolene) but most of them have pain relief in or things that I'm not sure are safe for chickens. People love Sudocrem here for anything and everything as well.

We do have access to various ointments for pet use such as 'silver ointment', Dermisol, Filtabac, Beaphar wound ointment and some powders, but I always see Neosporin mentioned here as the 'go to' for wounds and I like to be prepared! I already have most of these as we also have horses and cats.

Thanks! :)
Silver ointment would be my choice. We have a brand in the US called Silvex and it’s good stuff! Cured bumblefoot for my rooster and helped my wound heal from a brown recluse spider bite.

Back
Top Bottom