Nerve Wracking

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by terrilhb, Jan 11, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I have been reading posts on here about eggs hatching. I have 9 days till mine are supposed to hatch. Know I keep thinking what is going to go wrong and what did I do wrong. Oh my:sick I did not know it was this bad. I hope everyone is available on the 20th of this month. Cause if I need to I will be freaking out asking for help. Oh [​IMG]. thanks for listening.

2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    RELAX! This your 1st time? It's always the hardest & most nerve racking. Don't forget about lockdown, keep you temp & hum constant and don't open the bator after lockdown (after you've upped the humidity). Keep reading!

Enjoy! Will be looking for updates!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  3. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Yes it is my 1st time. I probably should not read the posts. But I have to because I learn so much. But then I learn and then I worry. [​IMG] I can not wait for it to be over. UUUUGGGGHHHHH:barnie

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, I will make a special effort to follow your posts! I SO remember my first hatch - it was just a few months ago! I'm NO EXPERT, just obsessed. I'll be glad to hold your virtual hand and offer suggestions and support.

Hang in there!
    [​IMG]

5. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    You will be fine - if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask the good folks on this forum

6. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Thank you all so much. [​IMG] You are all so awesome on here. [​IMG]

7. Welsummer Rancher

Welsummer Rancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Longview, Texas
    Although I am still a newbie, I, like you, have realized that this group on here is ultra solid and supportive. What a blessing.

8. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    Terri...

this is my third , fourth and fifth set of eggs in the incubator.. [​IMG] just like most of the members on here.. I am obsessed with hatching now

I have hatches due on the 16th, the 20th and the 27th.. with a couple of new roo test eggs thrown in here and there.. Luckily I have a separate incubator that I am using as a hatcher..my first group was a mixed hatch and I think that affected my hatch rate for sure.

We can support each other on the 20th.. the folks here on BYC are the best and are super supportive

Shelly

9. terrilhb

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Shelly thank you so much. I appreciate it. If I make it through the 1st time I can make it through anything. LOL I told a friend last night I had a cat pregnant and I was a nervous wreck and now I am again. [​IMG] But I love it. And yes everyone on here is so awesome. I appreciate all the advice I get. Thanks again

10. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG] I'm right there with you. I'm on day 4 of my first ever hatching. I'm so nervous but I've gotten lots of info on BYC and heard from all sorts of "enabling" friends.

Good Luck!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by