Nervous about hatch! Does this egg look okay? :/

He’s cute! The other one seems to be doing alright, and is zipping correct?
i think he might be stuck, he was going good until he stopped and has been the same position for the past 3 hours, no more breaking at the moment, just like garbanzo, i might have to help break his shell but i’m giving him the full 24 hours before i attempt to crack his shell for help

he hatched but he was still attached to the egg, he soon pulled off the egg but has his umbilical cord attached, will he be okay? :/

How often are you opening the incubator? It sounds like they’re getting shrink wrapped
i only opened the incubator to get the first chick out because he got stuck and quickly put coconut oil on the other ones dried membrane, luckily he’s got his shell cracked open, i put him back in the incubator to get dry, he seems okay, resting for now but i’m worried about his umbilical cord.

hi there :), forgot to post but they are here and happy, but i’ve noticed that poop gets stuck to their butt and have trouble pooping, what could possibly be the problem?
410E1E46-D840-4116-94AB-F41A1AD49557.jpeg

hi there :), forgot to post but they are here and happy, but i’ve noticed that poop gets stuck to their butt and have trouble pooping, what could possibly be the problem?View attachment 2439839
They are beautiful!

What you’re seeing at the back end is “pasty butt”. It can be dangerous for the chicks if the vent gets covered and the chick is unable to poop. But not to worry, this isn’t a lifetime affliction and you can help them! You will need to gently clean their bottoms when the stuff builds up. I use warm water and a soft rag. Other folks probably have more sophisticated solutions. We’ll get some expert input soon.

Back
Top Bottom