Nervous about my goat kidding!! Looks like it'll be TODAY!!

Cindiloohoo

Quiet as a Church Mouse
14 Years
Dec 19, 2009
Southwest TN
I'm trying to stay calm..lol. I'm both excited AND nervous. She's a first timer and she seems to be very uncomfortable. She has had a discharge since this morning, but her ligaments are still pretty tight. I checked her about 10 minutes ago and she had a huge contraction while I was out there, so it's CLOSE! I'm letting her range and exercise and keeping a close eye on her for now. I don't think she even knows what's happening to her...poor little thing! Anybody have a young mom kid lately? Her pregnancy was a suprise and she's a little on the young side so I worry about how she'll handle it. I keep telling myself in nature she would have likely been pregnant sooner but...well that is not a huge comfort. She is full grown and healthy, but she's only a year old so she must've gotten pregnant around 7 months old...yeah I know TOO YOUNG, but it is what it is and now I have to deal with it. Anybody have any suggestions? tips?

*chirp* *chirp* anybody...........
hit.gif

I don't have much experience, but I did have a young doe that kidded last year. She only had a single kid and did just fine. When the time came, she plonked herself down right under the hay feeder in their house so that to keep an eye on her I had to duck in behind her. She did just fine and had a beautiful buckling. She too was bred when she was about 7 or 8 months old (can't remember which).

Good luck!

Quote:
Awesome! Good to know. That eases my nerves a bit..lol. I was goat stupid when i got them and did research once they were here and found out they really should not be bred that young, and she was unfortunately. I've not been able to find info on why NOT to breed them early or complications, so I really don't know what to expect. My older doe did fine with a lil buck
smile.png
Thanks!!

I have no experience either. I have my first kids due in about 20 days. Laila is 2 1/2 and this is her second time kidding. I'm gonna be a wreck. I'm already freaking out about what to do. lol

HAHA I just did hoof trimming today too. You would think I was trying to slaughter they way they carried on about it. It took me 2 hours to do 5 goats....WITH help! The pregnant doe was the easiest calmest sweetest little thing, and the others were an absolute terror!! The buck squealed....seriously he SQUEALED, it was SO freakin weird!!! *sigh* Glad that's over! Daisy still hasn't had a baby though...she's had more contractions, but nothing significant. Does the first take longer or something?? I know Big Moma spit Levi out in like 20 minutes, but Daisy is taking her own sweet time.
hu.gif

I dont have any advice to give..sorry. Just wanted to wish you luck!!
fl.gif
I'd be a nervous wreck too...
th.gif

Quote:
AW!! Thanks for the support at least
smile.png
I'm hoping it is BEFORE dark, but....it aint lookin like it!

lol..yeah, you KNOW that she'll wait till 2 a.m. ...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom