Nervous About Tomorrow

Do we know anything yet? Is the car ok? More importantly, is everyone ok?
(I'm picturing a shootout over a car)

Hurry and let us know something - preferably good news.......

fl.gif

Just got home.

Guess what is sitting on our trailer in our front yard?????

MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

We got there and sitting in the backyard was my car. Nobody was at home.
We went over to my car and talk about going from being happy to dispair.

There was no sign of the parts so we called the sherrif's department and a deputy came out. We were informed that because there was a No Tresspassing sign on the gate (We missed seeing it coming in because we missed the driveway on the first try) That we could not remove the car. Talk about a huge letdown. We were leaving the town when guess who was coming the other way? the guy who has my car.
We turned around and burned rubber back to his place. I had left a couple notes on the vehicles sitting there. I was nice. I asked him to call us.

Got a ton of excuses from him about why the car was not done and why there were parts missing. we were polite.
He did have 99% of the parts so we got them loaded up and the car on the trailer and politely left.

Here is where everything goes completely crazy and I am glad we did NOT know about this before.
We stopped at the local gas station to get some drinks and to re-check the trailer lights and what the clerks told us just dropped like a bomb.
Turns out this guy was driving my car all around the place, he put 3000 miles on it. He was also towing other vehicles with my car.
Then what about dropped both of us, he had tried to sell it on craigs list this spring!!!!

So glad we got it back.

He had told me he had stripped the old paint off and primered and painted it. Nope. Where the paint is peeling you can see the old paint still there.

I am so glad you got the car back. I think I would have ordered some pizza and camped out in front of his home till he returned.What luck that he came,and you were able to end this.I wish there was something you could do to this guy.Reviews online,with BBB,or whatever to let others know what a scammer he is.

I'm just glad to get my car back love wolves.

When we turned it over to him it was 100% complete it is only 97% complete now.

the door locks are missing and so are the post moldings that go between the front and rear doors.
somad.gif
Those are hard to find or replace.

He claims the locks are in the car, but we did not see them.

He wrecked the interior door panels. I had gotten some vinyl cleaner, primer and paint to re-paint them the silver gray I wanted instead of the dark blue. He painted the door panels with the exterior paint color. wrecked the drivers side panel, so they all have to be replaced.
the head lights are also gone.

did call the deputy and let them know we finally made contact with him and got my car and most of the parts. They were going to send a deputy by his place that night to try and make contact with him about my car. I was glad they were going to do that and try to help us.

we are just washing our hands of him. No way to get money out of him sort of like getting blood out of a turnip.

Making a list of everything that needs to be replaced or repaired. I'm not happy.

Quote:
Take him to court......like my Dad would say , may not get blood out of a turnip.......but you can put turnip in JAIL

Quote:
I strongly disagree with this course of action. Take him to small claims court and get a judgement against him. There are lost parts, added mileage, and damage that has to be repaired. People like this do what they do because it's never bitten them in the backside before. A good lesson might be what it takes to protect the next person who might cross paths with this person.

Quote:
I strongly disagree with this course of action. Take him to small claims court and get a judgement against him. There are lost parts, added mileage, and damage that has to be repaired. People like this do what they do because it's never bitten them in the backside before. A good lesson might be what it takes to protect the next person who might cross paths with this person.

I 100% agree.. don't let this doof think he can just keep getting away with this kind of stuff! Take him to court to get some of the money back at least.

I'd also check with your secretary of state to see if he filed for a lost title or something. Make sure you still have the title to the car in your name.

If you have photos of the car before you sent it to him, and photos after you got it back. Inventory everything! Find out the replacement costs and rental costs for using the car (may need witnesses for that though).

Put a lein on his home if you have to... but don't do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom