Nervous chicken

I was so upset when my mary bird died, my girls were to, after it happened my girl that was traumatized would not let go of me, holding on tight, these birds have alot more feelings than people give them credit for

I was so upset when my mary bird died, my girls were to, after it happened my girl that was traumatized would not let go of me, holding on tight, these birds have alot more feelings than people give them credit for

You are so right. They are not as dumb as some people may think. They are highly intelligent, loving and affectionate. But because they are food in the chain of life, these things do traumatize them. They will calm down over time.

It might help to leave a ticking clock in the coop at night to help relax them. The constant tick tick becomes soothing. Also, playing a radio quietly on some classical music during the day can help greatly. I have done this for years for stressed out parrots here in the house and it makes a HUGE difference. I use a ticking clock in my chicken coop all the time. I notice that they do sleep much better than without it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom